Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2019, 10:31 PM   #41

Lonewolf

Try A-1 on corner of Glendale and 21st. Top notch.
I took my Rockwood 5th wheel to the Carson City service a few years back and they did not know how to re-attach the wedge for Reese Revolution hitch. Being as they sell these units, it was a major concern.
Lonewolf2528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:47 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco52 View Post
I was a Service Manager for a large shop, 25 Technicians-50 Employees overall, for 10 years. I spent a good portion of each day dealing with unhappy customers and trying to figure out how to keep their business and make them happy again. Happy customers keep giving you business and sending their friends to you. It is not Rocket Science. Not once in 10 years did I tell someone that I did not want there business and to get out. I think it is they who owe you an apology not the other way around. It may actually be a blessing that you do not have to deal with them any longer.
I agree totally. He spent a lot of money with that dealership buying that motorhome. They are very expensive and he should be able to expect them to treat him with respect and meet his concerns in fixing what is wrong. What is with these businesses treating customers like crap? I would never even consider buying a RV from this dealer.
desuhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:07 AM   #43

Very disappointed to read about your troubles; I experienced very similar treatment from the dealership staff from my last new 5th wheel purchase in 2018. I identified damage during the purchase, I was assured it would be taken care of. Wrong part ordered twice, multiple e-mails, telephone calls and visits to the service department. I was never thrown out, but clearly got the message that staff were not at all concerned. Yes, I did speak to dealership managers at Blue Dog RV in Las Vegas who seemed annoyed at best.

Based upon your posting, I will not give future business to RV Country in Sparks, NV. No matter what the rest of the story may be or not be, it is apparent that this dealership lacks professionalism in basic customer service. The only thing that may bring a change is the affect on their bottom line. If one wants to take some form of action, please get the word out to steer potential buyers away from that dealership.
leecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 06:23 AM   #44

manage this...

<quote>I ask him about the Service Manager and to my surprise he simply said the Service Manager doesn't want me as a customer.
<end quote>

It's apparent he doesn't want to be employed there very long either.

Contact the manufacturer. One way or another, they're responsible for their product.
nic7320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 06:33 AM   #45

I would not give that "ass clown" mgr the time of day he is clearly a "snapper head" move on ... the energy to deal with a miserable "wretchedly unhappy" person is not worth it ... find a new dealer.
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:01 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco52 View Post
I was a Service Manager for a large shop, 25 Technicians-50 Employees overall, for 10 years. I spent a good portion of each day dealing with unhappy customers and trying to figure out how to keep their business and make them happy again. Happy customers keep giving you business and sending their friends to you. It is not Rocket Science. Not once in 10 years did I tell someone that I did not want there business and to get out. I think it is they who owe you an apology not the other way around. It may actually be a blessing that you do not have to deal with them any longer.
Update: I contacted Forest River, explained the situation and they are shipping my trim piece directly to me - no hassles with FR.

There are several independent RV repair facilities in Reno/Sparks and next week I'm taking the Mothership in for an internet dish installation. When speaking with them it was like night and day compared to the first outfit. We laughed and total professionalism was experienced.

I will never 'swallow my pride' and argue with an idiot. I do consider it a blessing as I now know that the dealership is new, understaffed and just a sales outfit.

I am happy and appreciate everyone's comments.

Semper Fi
Summo springs front and rear
RFoxUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:58 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Please contact Bryan Knight, Georgetown's Service and Warranty Manager, and let him know the situation. He can probably intervene if you'd like, as long as he has the whole story. Otherwise, he can probably suggest an alternative.

You can reach Bryan at (574) 206-7611, or by e-mail at bknight@forestriverinc.com.
Thanks! Will do and will also join FROG today - glad to learn of organization!
Old 12-03-2019, 10:06 AM   #48

As an afterthought, you should call the dealer's main business number and ask whoever answers if the "owner" of the business has an email address. even fibbing that you had it one time but misplaced it. If you do get the address, copy the link address from this forum and email it to him/her.

I have had good luck with my local Forest River dealer and their service department. Shortly after I bought my current rig from them this past May I took it in for a couple of items to be repaired, such as the residential fridge not cooling. It was fixed in three days. A couple of days after the service call I had delivered to the service department a sheet pizza (or tray in some parts) and a couple of bottles of soda (pop in WNY) having the pizzeria write on the box "thanks for the quick service" and my name. The next time I had an issue with my rig, a couple of weeks and camping trips later, when I called the dealer, they took it right in and I had it back in two days. I bought this rig As Is Used and the dealer repaired at no cost everything that cropped up for about 45 days! Several weeks later the salesman that sold us our Sportscoach and Georgetown called to see how everything was going. He mentioned the pizza and that everyone in the whole dealership had heard of my good deed. Weeks later I stopped into the parts department and I was still got thanks for the pizza from a couple of guys. For $45 I sure got my money worth.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:35 AM   #49

There's something to be said for showing appreciation to people who do good, quality work and stand behind the product they sell. It should be totally optional though, and not a requirement to get good service and support after a purchase.

Any "Service Manager" who has an attitude like the guy in the OP's post did, needs to find a new job. If I were the owner of that dealership, I would not want someone like that working for me, and would be happy to know about your situation so I could deal with it, the Service Manager, and the General Manager.

I'm glad to hear that FR got you sorted out anyway. It's just too bad that some people have to deal with all this crud to get service on these things.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:37 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
As an afterthought, you should call the dealer's main business number and ask whoever answers if the "owner" of the business has an email address. even fibbing that you had it one time but misplaced it. If you do get the address, copy the link address from this forum and email it to him/her.

I have had good luck with my local Forest River dealer and their service department. Shortly after I bought my current rig from them this past May I took it in for a couple of items to be repaired, such as the residential fridge not cooling. It was fixed in three days. A couple of days after the service call I had delivered to the service department a sheet pizza (or tray in some parts) and a couple of bottles of soda (pop in WNY) having the pizzeria write on the box "thanks for the quick service" and my name. The next time I had an issue with my rig, a couple of weeks and camping trips later, when I called the dealer, they took it right in and I had it back in two days. I bought this rig As Is Used and the dealer repaired at no cost everything that cropped up for about 45 days! Several weeks later the salesman that sold us our Sportscoach and Georgetown called to see how everything was going. He mentioned the pizza and that everyone in the whole dealership had heard of my good deed. Weeks later I stopped into the parts department and I was still got thanks for the pizza from a couple of guys. For $45 I sure got my money worth.
Yup, I tried to get in touch with RV Country's top dog but when I called the main office I couldn't get that person's name. Hmmm. I've moved on with the matter and when I do get good service I agree completely with you - small thank yous mean a lot for a business relationship!
Old 12-03-2019, 10:46 AM   #51

All rv dealers service the same

I wish I could say I have had good service from any dealer after the sale! I have three trailers from three different dealers. When they are selling you think they are great. When you need warranty work it takes three weeks to get an appointment. Then three weeks to try to get it back! They don’t seem to want repeat customers. I guess they just pass customers around. I never seen any car dealers do this. The problem is there isn’t a lemon law for rv’s.
Wjpinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:47 AM   #52

Forest River Forums - View Profile: Larry Holt This what they did to my complaints and warning not to buy from Forrest River over a 2012 but ing 2015 now fixing everything ourselfselves.
Berta12angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:00 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayther View Post
I manage a service department for commercial HVAC. I have to remind my people that no matter what, without customers we don't have a business. However there are customers that time and again complain and want concessions to the point that you're making very little and then factoring in the hand holding, etc. and it becomes a business decision to walk away. But that's a LAST resort
Sometimes it is better for both customer and business to agree to disagree and move on. Problem with stories like these, even with the second post with more details, the entire conversations will never be known.
Hensley Hitch
Cabinfever97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:04 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post

Down south it’s called Coke.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:06 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wjpinder View Post
I wish I could say I have had good service from any dealer after the sale! I have three trailers from three different dealers. When they are selling you think they are great. When you need warranty work it takes three weeks to get an appointment. Then three weeks to try to get it back! They don’t seem to want repeat customers. I guess they just pass customers around. I never seen any car dealers do this. The problem is there isn’t a lemon law for rv’s.
I think another problem in the RV industry is there are too many different models. Seems there are plenty of dealers, however the way different models and floorplans are distributed causes buyers to travel to get the floorplan they are looking for. We bought our Hemisphere from a dealer 1.5 hours away. We really liked the floorplan but none of the 3 local dealers sold Hemispheres even though all 3 sold Forest River products. One local dealer did sell a very similar Vibe, but not quite the same.
Hensley Hitch
Cabinfever97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:08 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayther View Post
I manage a service department for commercial HVAC. I have to remind my people that no matter what, without customers we don't have a business. However there are customers that time and again complain and want concessions to the point that you're making very little and then factoring in the hand holding, etc. and it becomes a business decision to walk away. But that's a LAST resort
I completely agree.
I grew up in family business in a farming town. We were NEVER allowed to be disrespectful to a customer. BUT, when a customer didn't show us respect and crossed that line, my Grandparents would quickly show them the door and how to use it. They were always polite while doing so and told the customer they were always welcome back when they regained their manners. I was always amazed how well that worked. The customer usually came back, we all made amends, and all was well.
In this particular thread's case, sounds like neither the service manager or the customer treated each other respectfully. Should the customer ever be treated like that? NO. But sounds like the customer also played a part in exacerbating the problem instead of walking away and taking another tack.
But I wasn't there, so all I can do is assume there were other possible alternative endings to the encounter.
My only advice is to stop using dealers for service (warranty or otherwise). Use independent service only shops. We have used them exclusively for over 15 years and have been treated with nothing but respect. Also have had quality work done in a matter of hours or days instead of weeks and months.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:21 AM   #57

Southern Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Down south it’s called Coke.
As a southerner myself I think a RC Cola and a Moon Pie would work also.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:41 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFoxUSMC View Post
As a southerner myself I think a RC Cola and a Moon Pie would work also.
Ha! I just bought a case of moonpies from Brass Pro Shop in Scottsdale/Mesa AZ!! The grandkids had never had any. Sad.
And my family calls it soda
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 02:59 PM   #59

I would call Forest River and ask them why that dealer still has a contract with them. Definitely find another place to get your service done. Also, you should report them to the local bbb and chamber of commerce. By doing a reporter to various agencies you will find the owner gets involved and gets your work done. Word of mouth is a very strong advertisement and will usually get a lot of attention, the kind that dealer does not want.
PAPPYGIL
Ford F series diesel
Cedarcreek Hathaway DBRK
Pappygil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 05:38 PM   #60

Confused here?
You explained the situation, asked if anyone knew where you could take your rv for repairs, and..!
Everyone was more worried about what happened at the dealer. I did go back and re-read your post to make sure you did not ask,"why did the dealer kick me out?" all I could find was, "any suggestions were else can I take my rv for repair?"
Glad to see you did get the repair question answered to your satisfaction!
Still wondering why all the questions and opinions on the encounter?
I personally would think anyone buying a class A, would expect to be treated classA.
JRogers984 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service