Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2019, 12:25 AM   #21
Green Horn

I also called Stoltzfus about a month ago, no return call, I talked to service directly got my info I needed but, I had a warranty question so I got to leave a message with My service adviser and left her a message, saying since you can’t return calls I don’t expect this to be returned either, but here is my Question, still waiting....
kevin211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 12:26 AM   #22
Green Horn

It’s a shame they don’t sell 5th wheel because I would purchase from them again. (Bought a used 5 th wheel)
Old 06-05-2019, 07:35 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin211 View Post
It’s a shame they don’t sell 5th wheel because I would purchase from them again. (Bought a used 5 th wheel)
They sell 5th wheels.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:45 AM   #24
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
I also called Stoltzfus about a month ago, no return call, I talked to service directly got my info I needed but, I had a warranty question so I got to leave a message with My service adviser and left her a message, saying since you can’t return calls I don’t expect this to be returned either, but here is my Question, still waiting....
Quote:
They must give OUTRAGEOUSLY good deals in sales to want to buy from someone you can't get a return call from.

Service AFTER the sale is far more important to me than buying at cost, especially on a used unit.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:38 AM   #25
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
They must give OUTRAGEOUSLY good deals in sales to want to buy from someone you can't get a return call from.

Service AFTER the sale is far more important to me than buying at cost, especially on a used unit.
I agree.. I was there Sunday to pick up some supplies (was at a bday party next door otherwise I'd not have stopped) and they were PACKED! I loved the electric fence around the perimeter.. Guess east Goshen is getting wild!

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 10:00 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post

In my experience their prices for RVs and supplies are nothing special. They do give a starter kit and full tanks, etc.

The sales people that I know are very good but they have no influence on the service writers. It seemed to me that the sales people are not allowed to get involved with service after the sale.

A few years ago I complained to the boss and that helped. But did not resolve the ongoing issue for all customers. I suspect that the person I complained about has returned to the service department and she remembers my scathing letter.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:43 PM   #27

This is a PIA. I have to go to two different places to service my motorhome.
Just made 2 phone calls and two appointments made within five minutes both this month.

Garnet Ford for PA state inspection and generator oil change.
Dylan’s RV to check the roof and all caulking. Just a preventative maintenance visit.

If Stoltzfus was responsive I would have done all that in one visit. Same for Media Camping if it wasn’t so sketchy looking and the possibility of nighttime “visitors.”

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:22 PM   #28
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
They sell 5th wheels.
Not The cedar creek line up...
Old 06-05-2019, 01:47 PM   #29

Quote:
Not The cedar creek line up...
Check the other Stoltzfus in Adamstown they sell Cedar Creek, that was where we bought ours, dealt with Lee probably our best rv salesman yet, also received good service from them as well.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 02:05 PM   #30
Green Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Check the other Stoltzfus in Adamstown they sell Cedar Creek, that was where we bought ours, dealt with Lee probably our best rv salesman yet, also received good service from them as well.
I will not give them my business, they pissed me off, refused to inspect my 5th wheel because I didn’t purchase from them, but boy my money is welcomed when I go into the “store”

Rant over...
Old 06-05-2019, 02:17 PM   #31

Quote:
I will not give them my business, they pissed me off, refused to inspect my 5th wheel because I didn’t purchase from them, but boy my money is welcomed when I go into the “store”

Rant over...
That is a shame because now they lost a potential new buyer, it's crazy that they turn away business like that. We didn't buy are current unit from them but they did tell me they would service it for us but we would be put at the end of the line. Good thing I can handle most of the things we might need done and I know where to turn to for what I can't handle.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 08:22 PM   #32

Well, we were finally able to drop off our A-Frame camper in November, 2019. The service writer seemed nice enough. I also asked to have the tires replaced as they were factory original from 2011. I had to purchase tires elsewhere and they farm that work out to a nearby tire store. So in late January, we got the call it was done. When we inspected the repair, it looked very good. Even new lights in the back due to cracking. New tires mounted, but not balanced that I could see. We set it up in the parking lot and had a little trouble getting it open. Inside looked OK. But now the roof wouldn't close properly. It was off by 1/8". So we left it for them to correct and picked it up the following week. I was able to pop it up and close it OK. When I set it up at home, that's when I noticed one of the latches hangs up in the latch plate so I can't get it down easily. It's off by a small amount that I can take care of myself when the weather warms up a bit more.

They took care of all the insurance issues and also charged me $125 to mount my tires. (Carlisle from JEGS) I thought that a bit excessive, but I just wanted to be done with it. So overall, I'll give them a positive review and would recommend them to others with the caveat that they are not cheap.

Come on Spring!
1995 Dakota V-8 Auto
Buddy Borders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 09:19 PM   #33

The Stoltzfus near West Chester had an “RV Show” recently. They had units on display in the parking lot and in their new service center.

It was an excellent display. A very positive impression. The lot is now paved and even.

I made two mistakes.

1. I walked in to a Tiffin bus. It felt like home.

2. My wife dragged me into a Tiffin 5th wheel, loved that too. But the we went into a Grand Design 5th wheel which I really used to like but several levels below the Tiffin. So GD is now second fiddle. 🙃

So I have the dreams but not the cash. 🙂
Old 02-10-2020, 10:00 PM   #34

The first time went to get the camper, they were having the show. We were in a bit of a time crunch, so didn't explore much. It does seem quite nice there now. Their parts prices reflect that too
1995 Dakota V-8 Auto
Buddy Borders is offline   Reply With Quote