Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #1

The Cajun Riviera RV Park, Holly Beach,La

I know this is a campground and not a dealer. I figured I would post it here to get the word out until a campground review forum is opened.

If you head on down to Holly Beach, La do not rent a RV spot from The Cajun Riviera Campground. We arrived at the campground and I started my normal routine outside. When we started the inside routine, my wife plugged in the scentsy and the light bulb burnt, when I plugged in the TV in our room I got all the smoke out of the wires as soon as I plugged it in! I got my multi meter out and started checking for the problem, I found it! The 50 amp receptacle was wired wrong, instead of 0 volts on the ground and neutral/common he had it wired for 120. We lost the TV in the bedroom, satellite receiver, chargers for our Swiffer vacuum and sweeper, converter, microwave, control board on refrigerator, and water heater element. The dealer may find even more damage, I hope not but I know it is a reality.

Well the owner was out of town and would not be back until Sunday, so we got a battery charger and put a trickle charge on the battery so we would have lights and a “fart fan” in the bathroom. I called him a few times to let him know of my issue and he would never answer. Sunday afternoon the owner comes and plugs his meter into the receptacle and says, yea something is not right, but I can rewire it to fix it. I asked him if he had insurance to cover something like this he said no. I then asked him how we were going to resolve this issue since I checked several other 50amp receptacles in his campground and they put out 110 on my adapter instead of 220. He started to crawfish and talk in circles, we went in the camper so he could see the microwave was not working and he offered me $500 and used parts from FEMA campers he has. I was willing to work with him and agreed to eat my TV and I would accept a microwave from him if it was the same as ours. Well we went back and forth and I told him I was not spending a single dime out of my pocket because of the fact the receptacle was wired wrong. He tells me it is not wired wrong it is wired for a “double 50 that has 220” and “it’s not my fault” and he walked out.

Well needless to say that lit a fire in my rear end, after we hooked up we went meet him again on our way out and I told him I would not agree to any of his parts, and I will not absorb the cost of the TV and I will bring my camper to the dealer, get it repaired and I will send him the bill. I told him if he chooses not to pay it I would see him in court. He said “it is what it is". We took several pictures as well as video of me checking the voltage at our site as well as the site next to us. Since he said it was a “double 50 that has 220” I also have pictures showing that it was not labeled 220V.He was aware of my problem from the start but did not reach out to me and he did not answer my calls until 2pm Sunday afternoon. I scheduled the appointment to drop off the 5er and I sent him an email as we discussed I would do to keep him in the loop, I have not heard back from him as of yet. I have a feeling I will have to hire an attorney and take him to court to get my money back for the repairs. As a business man he is not very good at it, what kind of person has a decent size campground without insurance? If that were my place I would have answered the phone and told my customer to bring it to the shop and get it repaired and I would send the bill to my insurance. I would have never stooped as low as he did and offer used parts from FEMA campers and say "it's not my fault"! I guess this is how you wire a "Double 50 with 220"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	47215  
2006 Polaris H.O. 500EFI Sportsman
1996 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
jlbreaux is offline   Reply With Quote