Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2017, 12:23 PM   #1

Thumbs up Vicars Trailer Sales

The Place: Vicars Trailer Sales in Taylor Michigan

The Good: Our salesman was awesome. My wife had several (million) questions and literally picked every flaw she could find with every single camper we looked at. Our salesman took it all in stride and answered each question. He was also prompt to answer and return phone calls and never made a question feel stupid. when we pick up the rig, a technician walked us through every detail and even pointed out a flaw in one of the blinds. He then told us that he had ordered a new one and would replace it once it came in. They also hooked up up and installed the hitch.

The Bad: This is a small dealership personnel wise. My wife and I arrived with an appointment on a Saturday and were not able to be seen by a salesman. The owner spoke to us several times and assured us that they were doing everything they could but were slammed. (70 degree weather in February following a camper show will do that). My wife and knew the model that we wanted to look at and the owner gave us a key to go look at it while we waited. (Something more dealers should do. This allowed us to talk about the model and ultimately we bought a larger and more expensive one). When we left we were apologized to and told that a salesman would contact us right away. We never received a call and despite two emails were not contacted. My wife and I made a surprise visit the following Saturday and were able to speak wot a salesman after about 20 minutes. At this point we knew the model, price, and interest rate we wanted exactly. So we were able to jump to financing and finish up.

Overall: The people at this dealership made what could have been a horrid experience much better. We went in the "off season" and just happened to coincide with a huge rush of customers. However everyone at the lot handled it as best they could and helped with many (many) questions.

I would definitely recommend this dealership... and if you're a salesman looking for a gig, maybe top in and see if they need help.
KFedFM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer