Old 01-02-2020, 10:19 PM   #1

2015 palomini

Ever since I bought my 2015 new in 2016 Iíve been dealing with a rotting floor. Itís had leaks the factory fixed (some of the areas the rot is) and now the floor is no good. Got the front rock guard with screws dangling due to the rot. I have a hole in the front storage area. From what Iíve been told the camper would have to be taken all apart to fix the floor. Not happy at all especially since Iíve mentioned it to factory people when I had it there. I tried to ask the rv place I purchased it from if theyíve flooded there but of course no response. Sickening to think of the cost Iíve gone thru and will have to try going thru.

dogsnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 11:45 AM   #2

Sounds like a real problem and many years have passed since you bought the rig. Having the work done would be expensive doing the work yourself in sections may be manageable.

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 12:50 PM   #3

Wow! I feel your pain. Makes me shudder as we are considering an upgrade to a new trailer.

If you have all the records from your service and warranty history. It may behoove you to start a writing campaign to the RV magazines consumer organizations etc. Squeeky wheel gets the grease.

Good Luck!
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 04:10 PM   #4
Commercial Member

dogsnme,

We would be happy to assist you with your 2015 PaloMini. Because your ongoing satisfaction is very important to us, we invite you to contact Jerald Summey in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.palominorv.com/DirectServ...48741669356289.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 03:28 PM   #5

First seal the roof with a foam system. Check your walls for dryrot. In other words where is this moisture coming from? Once wood fungus begins, you must remove all wood and replace it. In a confined and sealed setting, you do not want to expose yourself or anyone else to inhaling any "fumes" from dryrot treatments. Walls are thin, wiring is usually not in the way, except plugs and switches and thermostat. Remove the flooring and re-sheath the floor and add vinyl (Peal and stick squares), carpet, or laminate. Why your floor rotted would be an investigation I would want to do or it will repeat again. Leaking water line, drain line, roof, from the bottom up meaning an undercoat once you have replaced it. Something is causing this and there is very little resale value in what you have now. If you are not a carpenter, a simple class would be cheaper than hiring someone. But, if you have no time, find someone from a local RV club that is handy and willing to do it for a set fee or price. Never know.
Tahoe John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe John View Post
First seal the roof with a foam system. Check your walls for dryrot. In other words where is this moisture coming from? Once wood fungus begins, you must remove all wood and replace it. In a confined and sealed setting, you do not want to expose yourself or anyone else to inhaling any "fumes" from dryrot treatments. Walls are thin, wiring is usually not in the way, except plugs and switches and thermostat. Remove the flooring and re-sheath the floor and add vinyl (Peal and stick squares), carpet, or laminate. Why your floor rotted would be an investigation I would want to do or it will repeat again. Leaking water line, drain line, roof, from the bottom up meaning an undercoat once you have replaced it. Something is causing this and there is very little resale value in what you have now. If you are not a carpenter, a simple class would be cheaper than hiring someone. But, if you have no time, find someone from a local RV club that is handy and willing to do it for a set fee or price. Never know.

Iím thinking the outer walls showed signs of rotting when the awning poles were ripping the wood when I first got it. I took it back to that dealer since I hadnít left town. They did a quick fix on that but said nothing about the rest I figured out later. The factory guys were nice and helpful but couldnít deal with all. Iím sure they wouldíve had to dismantle and rebuild the camper. They sealed things for me then and at the international rally I wasnít going to that I ended up going to.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.ArmyVeteran View Post
Wow! I feel your pain. Makes me shudder as we are considering an upgrade to a new trailer.

If you have all the records from your service and warranty history. It may behoove you to start a writing campaign to the RV magazines consumer organizations etc. Squeeky wheel gets the grease.

Good Luck!

Iíve not soured on Forest River brand but I donít trust RV dealers especially on buying a new past year model. I do know more now about looking it over a lot better. Iíve been looking at other FR models about a new current year model if I can afford one.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsnme View Post
Iíve not soured on Forest River brand but I donít trust RV dealers especially on buying a new past year model. I do know more now about looking it over a lot better. Iíve been looking at other FR models about a new current year model if I can afford one.

Now Iíve soured on FR. Does Forest River have anything to do with Grand Design brand? Iím open to all brands now.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:24 PM   #9
Site Team

OP, did you submit the customized form mentioned in post #4?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 = 26; booked = 42
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
OP, did you submit the customized form mentioned in post #4?

I clicked the FR customer service link. I took the camper to the factory where they did stuff and to the international rally in Goshen where they did stuff. I was told the only thing they had on record was a bad speaker wire. They sent me two doors those donít seem to be on record or what the factory worked on. I was told dealers and owners have to reseal every 90 days. I was laughed at when I said that to a salesman at a local RV show