Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2018, 09:55 AM   #41
Weekend Warrior

Question Programming

We just picked up our 2018 255RKS the other day. While going through it yesterday, I was trying to program a couple local FM stations into the soundbar, but for the life of me, can't figure it out. It already has 10 presets in it, but I can't seem to change them.

Any ideas??
Thanks in advance,
Greg
Greg Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 03:53 PM   #42
Weekend Warrior

Anyone...???
Greg Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:31 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Owen View Post
Anyone...???

What brand and model(if known) is the player?
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 01:25 PM   #44
Weekend Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
I'll have to let you know as soon as I get it back in my driveway. With the Nor'easters that have been coming up the coast, I had to put it in storage--no room in my driveway for a fifth wheel, a truck, an SUV, and "however many inches" of snow--and still be able to get the snowblower out-and-about.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:03 AM   #45

Yall are lucky. I have the same Drive DVD sound bar (2018 puma 27rlss) and I get a region error. I can't even play DVDs.

I'd be happy to replace the sound bar altogether. Any one know how it access the screws holding it in?
mandring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:45 AM   #46
Weekend Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandring View Post
Yall are lucky. I have the same Drive DVD sound bar (2018 puma 27rlss) and I get a region error. I can't even play DVDs.

I'd be happy to replace the sound bar altogether. Any one know how it access the screws holding it in?
I've removed mine already once just to see what other connections are available on the back. Easy to access the screws--the side trim pieces just slip off sideways. They also have a piece of adhesive backing, too, so they are a bit "sticky" when trying to slide them to the left/right, but they will slide off.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:15 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Owen View Post
I've removed mine already once just to see what other connections are available on the back. Easy to access the screws--the side trim pieces just slip off sideways. They also have a piece of adhesive backing, too, so they are a bit "sticky" when trying to slide them to the left/right, but they will slide off.
Awesome man, thank you! I'm about to go see if I can get it out of there. I'd love to get something that sounds better. And works...I'll be happy with just being able to watch a movie. (read: wife will be happy).
mandring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 03:12 PM   #48
Weekend Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Ok, so I got my new 5er out of storage now ready for the camping season.

The model number of the sound bar is LSB03-D. I have the (lack of) Instruction Manual, but it neglects to explain how to program/store local radio stations. I know it can be done since there are some already programmed in it.

Anyone know how to do it??

(If Drive is going to be a supplier, they should be on this forum, too, to answer these questions--just saying)
Old 04-23-2018, 04:00 PM   #49

Drive soundbar

I have the very same issue. I contacted John Jones by email 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing. No manual or way to access the DVD menu.
Roppster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 04:03 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech171717 View Post
I would also love to find a users manual. My wife and I just bought a 2017 Puma 31BHSS with this same DVD player, and every movie we put in , it displays subtitles (driving me batty), i'v tried all the settings on the TV and its not there so it has to be player. there is no menu function (that I can find), anyone else have this same issue ?
I have the same issue. Trying to contact John Jones has been very discouraging. No response. What are we supposed to do now?
Old 04-23-2018, 04:08 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech171717 View Post
I emailed Palomino today, and will say that I received excellent feedback from Jon Jones. there where several emails, but when I enquired about the closed captioning (sub-titiles), this was the response ..

"I would advise you to contact your selling dealer whom you purchased from. The drive dvd player needs replaced.
As for the CC feature the vendor is making changes to allow that feature to be turned off. When we have that repair or replacement . We will advise @ that time."

when I asked about timeline of repair, this was his response ..:

"Your very welcome

The vendor is working on them now should have them within the wk. I have printed this out & will save to send you a manual. There is no replacement.

Thxs
John "

We'll see if anything comes of it...but positive communication......sent same original email to my selling dealer...still waiting to hear back...
I just bought mine and I have all those issues with the DRIVE soundbar. No contact from John Jones, and the dealer told me I had to work through Forest River for this issue.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:26 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTaylor View Post
My 2017 Palomino Columbus came with the TV not plugged in to the soundbar. Only the DVD player was plugged into the soundbar. We took down the soundbar and TV (for another reason) and plugged the TV into the soundbar, and it sounds much better.
Funny dont think mine has a DVD player but my TV wasnt plugged into the sound bar either
Hollywoodgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:01 PM   #53
Weekend Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roppster View Post
I have the very same issue. I contacted John Jones by email 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing. No manual or way to access the DVD menu.
Sounds like "John Jones" is an alias/generic email box that no one actually answers....
Old 05-15-2018, 05:29 PM   #54

Puma - Bluetooth Soundbar

Ours is a POS It sounds like crap! Distorted and boomy also no remote or anyway to adjust. Who do you contact for replacement. Dealer was no help
RobinDella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:16 AM   #55

I put in the Sony sound bar with remote and it has a sub-woofer. The sound is 200 times better and I'm also adding a amp and larger speakers outside replacing the stock ones. The sub-woofer in the QSI 373 Toy Hauler fits nicely between the steps to the bedroom and the slide and the plugs right there.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:37 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywoodgt View Post
I put in the Sony sound bar with remote and it has a sub-woofer. The sound is 200 times better and I'm also adding a amp and larger speakers outside replacing the stock ones. The sub-woofer in the QSI 373 Toy Hauler fits nicely between the steps to the bedroom and the slide and the plugs right there.

What is the part number of the soundbar you installed?
Johnv656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 05:52 PM   #57

I’m very interested in that as well. The sounbar has a direct replacement at etrailer.com. I’d rather not replace it as it is a heaping pile of s!$t. But I don’t want to look at the gaping hole either
diver165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:45 PM   #58

Good luck contacting anyone from Forest River I have sent them 3 emails on things I wanted to know and no response.
Old 06-29-2018, 10:25 AM   #59

I just want to post my experience with Forest River from last week. I had seen a PDF floating around with numerous contact information for each Forest River division and I did a search on Google and found an updated copy. I thumbed through it and found the Palomino Puma warranty phone numbers and called them last week about the DVD player ZLD-5217 as I have the same problem with the closed captioning.

They were extremely helpful and even said that they would ship one out to me under warranty, which I will receive today. I am sure that they receive lots of emails but when I called they were very attentive to what I needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RAMMIN_TIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:19 PM   #60
Weekend Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMMIN_TIME View Post
I just want to post my experience with Forest River from last week. I had seen a PDF floating around with numerous contact information for each Forest River division and I did a search on Google and found an updated copy. I thumbed through it and found the Palomino Puma warranty phone numbers and called them last week about the DVD player ZLD-5217 as I have the same problem with the closed captioning.

They were extremely helpful and even said that they would ship one out to me under warranty, which I will receive today. I am sure that they receive lots of emails but when I called they were very attentive to what I needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Care to share those numbers with the rest of us...???

Tags
puma