Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2018, 02:04 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Owen View Post
Care to share those numbers with the rest of us...???
Sure thing, I couldn't get it to attach through tapatalk app but here is the file.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Forest River Contact Info.pdf (68.8 KB, 223 views)
RAMMIN_TIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 12:52 PM   #62

We have the Drive LSB03-D in our 25RKSS JUNK!! Reception is so bad could only pick up one radio station 10 miles away. Took it to dealer after 6 wks FR sent another sound bar.....Guess which one? Same damn model and this one picks up nothing. Not to mention the sound on this thing is less than subpar. I have had little transistor radios as a kid that had better quality sound. Fighting with FR to make this right
RobinDella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:19 AM   #63
Weekend Warrior

I finally got tired of ours--dvd skips or has long pauses while playing; can't program local radio stations; and more recently, the outdoor speakers wouldn't work. So, I took matters into my own hands and upgraded it myself!

I removed the sound bar from the camper and went to my shop with it. I dismantled it to the point that it was a blank hole in the middle with each speaker still on the ends. I then custom installed a brand new Sony XAVW651BT. It has a DVD/CD player, AM/FM radio, built in iPod and iPhone controls, Bluetooth, and multiple inputs and outputs that work perfectly.

The sound bar speakers are wired to the the "front" speakers; outdoor speakers are wire to the "rear" speakers; and the nice thing about that is that by using the fader control on the unit, comfortable volumes can be achieved both inside and out. With the old unit--one volume control.

Audio/video out easily hooked up to the TV for watching DVDs. Also ran wire from the audio out on the TV to one of the audio inputs on the Sony unit, so when we're watching regular TV, we're listening to it through the Sony.

I did have to do a little trimming the sound bar housing to get the unit to fit in, but it looks stock, works perfectly, and sounds amazing!

(I'll post pictures when I get a chance--ended up on crutches last night after rupturing my Achille's tendon, so I'm not getting around to easily right now...)
Old 08-16-2018, 01:23 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDella View Post
We have the Drive LSB03-D in our 25RKSS JUNK!! Reception is so bad could only pick up one radio station 10 miles away. Took it to dealer after 6 wks FR sent another sound bar.....Guess which one? Same damn model and this one picks up nothing. Not to mention the sound on this thing is less than subpar. I have had little transistor radios as a kid that had better quality sound. Fighting with FR to make this right

I'm in the same boat, mines ben replaced and still a piece of chit.

Figure by the time I get done going back and forth to the dealer, the cost for time and fuel will far outweigh just replacing it on my own with a quality unit.
Johnv656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:25 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Owen View Post
I finally got tired of ours--dvd skips or has long pauses while playing; can't program local radio stations; and more recently, the outdoor speakers wouldn't work. So, I took matters into my own hands and upgraded it myself!

I removed the sound bar from the camper and went to my shop with it. I dismantled it to the point that it was a blank hole in the middle with each speaker still on the ends. I then custom installed a brand new Sony XAVW651BT. It has a DVD/CD player, AM/FM radio, built in iPod and iPhone controls, Bluetooth, and multiple inputs and outputs that work perfectly.

The sound bar speakers are wired to the the "front" speakers; outdoor speakers are wire to the "rear" speakers; and the nice thing about that is that by using the fader control on the unit, comfortable volumes can be achieved both inside and out. With the old unit--one volume control.

Audio/video out easily hooked up to the TV for watching DVDs. Also ran wire from the audio out on the TV to one of the audio inputs on the Sony unit, so when we're watching regular TV, we're listening to it through the Sony.

I did have to do a little trimming the sound bar housing to get the unit to fit in, but it looks stock, works perfectly, and sounds amazing!

(I'll post pictures when I get a chance--ended up on crutches last night after rupturing my Achille's tendon, so I'm not getting around to easily right now...)

Anxiously awaiting the photo's
Johnv656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 02:42 PM   #66
Weekend Warrior

PICS!!

As promised, here are some pics of the modification I did to the POS Drive sound bar that came with the camper. Now I have a custom built Sony sound bar utilizing the same "framework".

Yes, I have:
CD music capability
DVD movie capability (video out to TV)
TV sound to the sound bar
AM/FM Receiver
Bluetooth
Pandora
And all can be faded in/out to the outdoor speakers, if wanted.

(FYI--the screen looks blurry in the pics, but it's actually crystal clear)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180829_151554937.jpg
Views:	763
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	184821   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180829_151607273.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	262.7 KB
ID:	184822   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180829_151659559.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	184823   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180829_151712293.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	184824  
Old 09-17-2018, 07:56 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrtexas View Post
Our 2017 27RLSS has a "Drive" ZLD-5217 DVD with attached AM/FM/CD Soundbar. I'm trying to find a manual. Emailed Palamino (John Jones), Forest River, and sales guy. No response.

TV doesn't work with Soundbar and I'd like to know how to adjust sound settings etc.

Any idea's??
Same problem here with mine same problem???? Also can not get subtitles off when watch dvd will not buy another one mine in a puma not to happy no instructions or book
Bo7923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 08:08 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech171717 View Post
I would also love to find a users manual. My wife and I just bought a 2017 Puma 31BHSS with this same DVD player, and every movie we put in , it displays subtitles (driving me batty), i'v tried all the settings on the TV and its not there so it has to be player. there is no menu function (that I can find), anyone else have this same issue ?
Have same issue issues with 2017 puma 30bkss and sound bar when watch dvd sounds like in box
Bo7923 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
puma