RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-22-2020, 11:27 PM   #1

2021 Columbus 382FB Winterizing Question

Good Evening... This weekend is going to be brutally cold here in Colorado and winterizing is a must. The problem Iím experiencing, is the inability to siphon the antifreeze as instructed in the OM. I drained the fresh water tank with the water pump until no water remained and opened the low point drain on the tanks including the hit water tank and supply lines until no water drained. Used low pressure air through the city connection to remove any additional water.

On the 382, is the B&B Nautilus P4 valve panel, which is really easy to operate for any type of camping or maintenance cycle. Using the valve setting guide, pictured below, I place a bucket with the antifreeze in it and attached a small garden hose to siphon through the city water connection using the pump. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5528.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	241721Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5529.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	216.8 KB
ID:	241722
Turn the pump on and the pump starts, but no suction to the hose to draw the antifreeze. Iíll take any suggestions you might have and I really appreciate it.
Happy Trails.
Old 10-22-2020, 11:48 PM   #2

This idea may sound crazy and don't ask me how, but this happened to me once and I lowered the antifreeze jug lower than the connection to the rv and it started too work! Once again don't know how it why!
jmcclocklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:58 PM   #3

Thumbs up Thanks!

I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Tags
columbus, winter, winterizing