Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2016, 07:12 PM   #1

263RBDSK Solaire - thinking of buying one

Any one own a 263RBDSK?

I had a pop-up and now looking to move to a travel trailer. What are the major issues if any?

I have it narrowed down to a grand design imagine trailer, coachman freedom express, or a Solaire.

Give me some good feedback please.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
gstepp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:24 PM   #2

We have a Solaire 307. Different floor plan but in terms of quality, we're basically happy with it. A few minor things our first year that the dealer fixed up. A few minor annoyances like where to put shoes etc that are more likely related to my being a bit fussy. But overall we quite like it and would buy another Solaire.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
snskovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:20 PM   #3

Thanks for feedback. Glad to hear u are overall happy with trailer. I am hearing that no matter what brand, everyone has minor issues which seems normal for this type of purchase.
And you know what, I do always have issues with shoes. The wife's shoe always end up in the same place.
Kickin my backside.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
gstepp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 05:50 AM   #4

Solaire is a great choice. We have had ours for 2 full seasons camping 30+ nights per year with very minimal issues. ( basic road rumbling items, all minor self fix)
Just added the keyless entry over the winter. Booked 5 trips already. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1456051842.542976.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	100020
pappagrif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:07 PM   #5
RV Enthusiast since 1978

We have a 2013 Solaire 269BHDSK with the Eclipse Package. This will be our fourth season with it and we love it. When we purchased ours we dealt with a reputable dealer that did a thorough PDI with us and fixed on the spot little imperfections such as trim and a shower faucet missing a cap for the cold water handle. After our first couple of trips with a good shake down, we noticed a few other items like a loose connection on one of power jacks , skirting needed two brackets to keep it from moving etc. etc. Our dealer looked after our short list of items and we have been really happy with our unit. The last 3 seasons we have done small preventative maintenance like checking all the caulking from top to bottom and the other items listed in the owners manual. I wax it with spray wax twice a year and cover it during winter storage. When we pull the cover off in the spring our unit still looks brand new. We anticipate keeping it another 3 seasons before getting another one. We would have the Solaire on our shopping list again. Lou

.....the big rolling turd II is back in the driveway for another season of travels!

Glendale 290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:28 AM   #6

We have a 269bhdsk. Getting ready to start our 2nd full year with it. No complaints for us. Usual minor issues, plus a couple of slightly larger issues prior to taking delivery. I attribute those to it being on the dealer lot for over a full season. I also attribute our great price to the same factor.
Good luck w your decision and as has been said here countless times, dealer reputation should weigh heavily in your decision.
Brian
ProPride Hitch
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:24 PM   #7

Just bought one Sat. Hoping it's going to be alright. Had a starcraft hybrid since 2003

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M & A Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:55 PM   #8

Picked up our new camper yesterday. On our first outing now. So far so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M & A Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:48 PM   #9

Nice! Enjoy and be sure to report back to us how it went.
ProPride Hitch
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote