Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #21
jsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns-sabre View Post
When you say yours is similar, does that also include the edge ( pics on second set). I'am real curious to start with to know if all 34REQS are the same or not?.
Sorry if I misled you - I have not noticed the 'excess' roofing you have shown in the pictures. I have been on the roof several times and it does not seem as 'tight' as my last 5er but no wrinkles. I will give it a closer look though. Good luck.
jsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #22
ns-sabre

Sorry JSK it is I that was confused. In reviewing I believe it was RET2006 who mentioned his roof was similar to mine. RET2006 if you can comment on these past few posts. Basically is your concern the bubbles/ wriggles only our also the different roof edge and access discussed? Thanks all.
ns-sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns-sabre View Post
Sorry JSK it is I that was confused. In reviewing I believe it was RET2006 who mentioned his roof was similar to mine. RET2006 if you can comment on these past few posts. Basically is your concern the bubbles/ wriggles only our also the different roof edge and access discussed? Thanks all.
I am concerned about the bubbles. I am going to be taking my Sabre to the dealer this week, my converter we out during our 10 day trip to Florida, quit charging the battery. I am going to let them take a look at the roof and see what they say. I will report back.

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns-sabre
Here are addtional side pics mentioned. Apoligies for large post, however appreicate the knowledge on these fourms. Thank you.
Not good at all! Needs to be taken back to Dealer for sure. Good luck with everything.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:56 PM   #25
ns-sabre

Just wanted to provide update. Sabre Sam was very responsive and forwarded all information to the factory service Dept. As well I had sent the pics to my dealer. Both have replied in writing, basically their view is the wriggles/ bubbles while a few more than usual are not of concern and should reduce with first summer heat. Dealer was a little concerned on different edge heights and will do a closer inspection when I haul the 60 miles in their direction in 2 or 3 weeks for some other minor adjustments/ repair.
At this point they have both stated the pictures have been added to the files of both for any future issues, and unless the dealer finds anything on visit, for now the plan is to just keep a close eye and see what it looks like in the fall.

While I still have some concern and will be checking regularly, I'm certainly pleased and impressed with the quick response and attention paid by Sabre Sam to this fourm and private messages, as well as the direct response from the factory and my dealer. ( Bluenose RV)
It provides some confidence with the pics on file they will respond correctly if required.

One other question if anyone has thoughts. One of my other small issues is the black paper on underbelly of slides. After a dozen or so in and out there are a few spots were the paper has peeled exposing the wood to elements. Any idea on a better cover? I have seen the eternabond tape discussed here, is that thin enough and enough stick to apply here?

Cheers

2012 34reqs
2011 Sierra 3500 6.6
ns-sabre is offline   Reply With Quote