Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2018, 10:35 AM   #1

AC Question on 366RLC

I'm new to having 2 AC units and have a question. When we run just one AC I've notice that both the bedroom and living areas cool about the same regardless which unit is on. I've also noticed that air feeds back through the intakes of the unit that is not on. Is this normal? I would rather cool just one space at a time.
10Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:02 AM   #2

If the units are connected by common ductwork air flow thru the unit not operating would not seem to be abnormal. Having the rig cool evenly is an HVACs dream setup.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:09 AM   #3

Well, I guess I have the dream setup but I'd rather have them separate. I don't see any sense in cooling the living area while in the bedroom all night and vice versa.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Ranger View Post
Well, I guess I have the dream setup but I'd rather have them separate. I don't see any sense in cooling the living area while in the bedroom all night and vice versa.

You can change out the current duct vents to ones that can be closed. They are not expensive. Check Amazon.
Another option is to open the dump valve for the room you want to cool and about 90% of the air will come straight out if the ac unit into that room. It can be quite noisy though.

SB 4x4 6.7L Cummins
Pullrite SuperGlide
2015 Palomino Columbus 320RS
ICanFixIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICanFixIt View Post
You can change out the current duct vents to ones that can be closed. They are not expensive. Check Amazon.
Another option is to open the dump valve for the room you want to cool and about 90% of the air will come straight out if the ac unit into that room. It can be quite noisy though.

The duct vents I have do close but the 8 that are in the living area I would have to use a step stool to reach each one to close them. The ones in the bedroom I can reach easily so that is a good option. My A/C setup does not have dump valves on either unit. They are 100% ducted.

Thank you for your input. I can at least control some of it with your suggestion.