Originally Posted by jd4010
I do pretty much exactly as @DaveSchwartz does. The combination of blowing out the lines and AF gives me 100% confidence that I won't have surprises (in a bad way) come springtime.
New to me this year is having to winterize an ice maker. How do you all do winterize one of those?
1. Take out the filter.
2. Put in the blue plug that came with refrigerator.
3. After winterizing everything else, stick the hose into a bucket of antifreeze.....or a full gallon of it.
4. Turn on pump.
5. Make sure icemaker is ON.
6. Wait a day or so. You should have pink slush in ice bin.
7. Turn off pump. Remove hose.
Edit: When de-winterizing, let a lot of ice get made....AND run a ton of water through the in-door water dispenser.