Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #1

Any suggestions on a winter cover

a indoor shelter is not possible this year was wondering if there were any good pointers on buying a winter cover for my palamino puma 19fs
campercher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #2

Rv cover

You can't go wrong with an ADCO cover. I buy mine from Camping World
clay douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

In general, any cover you use needs to be a good fitted cover that will breathe. The two keys are "fitted" and "breathe". Fitted covers will reduce or eliminate the problem with wind blowing the cover and causing the finish to rub off in areas. Breatheability is important to let the moisture out.

We use an ADCO, as well. ADCO is a popular but moderately expensive brand of cover. CalMark makes a custom cover that is more expensive, but also is designed to fit the contours of your particular trailer. There are other brands, but these two were the ones I researched last year.

Our ADCO goes on and comes off fairly easily. Its a one-man job at our house. Tip - We use tennis balls on the down spouts, which helped the cover to both go on and come off smoothly without snags or broken bits.

A word of warning is to stay away from plastic tarps. A plastic tarp does not breathe effectively and may cause mildew and mold. Many people have also reported rubbing issues on their trailer; especially if you are in a windy area. Be very careful going that route. Better not to cover than to use a plastic tarp.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #4

Move to Texas - just joking. We purchased our from Northern Tools, it was generic but does the job and cheaper than CW. It isn't plastic but not sure what the material is. In the process of building a Camper Port but until that is finished the cover works great. Best of luck.
(2011-42)
Cmmjmoore is offline   Reply With Quote