Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2014, 09:17 PM   #1

Anyone flipped axles on PUMA

Hi,
As in the title, has anyone flipped over the axles on their PUMA? I have a 2013 259rbss with the axle's under the springs. I don't camp off grid or travel any really bad roads so I thought about flipping the axle to get the the trailer to sit a little lower to the road. Thoughts/advise welcome

thanks
Will
will2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:46 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I dont see why you cant but all you will really gain is the thickness of the leaf springs.
2" ?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:03 AM   #3
Oklahoma Proud

I think it would drop it about 5-6". Springs plus axle diameter. Use to do it to slam trucks to get 5-7" of drop.
I don't think I would recomend it because of how close the tires are now and would be to the floor. There isnt enough room there if I remember correctly. Plus your springs will sag/ break in/ settle after a while, and decrease the space further.

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:26 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
I think it would drop it about 5-6". Springs plus axle diameter. Use to do it to slam trucks to get 5-7" of drop.
I don't think I would recomend it because of how close the tires are now and would be to the floor. There isnt enough room there if I remember correctly. Plus your springs will sag/ break in/ settle after a while, and decrease the space further.

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
Forgot the tube thickness! Thanks

TURBS
Sabre owners united!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle, puma