Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2013, 12:28 AM   #1

Bought a new Palomino Solaire

So I go Friday to pay for my new 297 RLDS Solaire Ultra Lite unit I bought. My question is does anybody know if Forest River offers the extra year factory warranty on these units in addition to the standard year? I have read they offer an additional year at 150 dollars just not sure on these units.

I was quoted 1,689 for a extended warranty for an additional four years of coverage from the one year manufacture warranty with a 100 dollar deductible. I am having a hard time justifying the cost. My gut tells me to put the 1,789 dollars in the bank and just roll the dice.

LSUTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:31 AM   #2
One Happy Camper!

Congrats! We also just bought a SolAire. They do offer the extra year for the SolAire for $150. As a matter of fact my check for $150 just cleared the bank today. My dealer made no mention of this extension, but surely mentioned all the extended plans that they would make money on. The dealer only offered me the form when I brought it up, and he handed me the form that I had to file myself within 10 days directly with Palomino (FR).
Great choice on the Solaire! We absolutely love ours.

I am pretty handy when it comes to fixing stuff on my own, so I passed on all but the 1 year extension. I figure anything major will shake itself out in the first 2 years and will be covered. After that proper maintenance should cost me much less than the 1.5k that a extended warranty cost.
Also, look in all the paperwork that should have come with your camper. Many of the appliances and accessories have their own warranties that cover beyond the first 2 years.

Regards,

SPPD

TV: 15 F-250 Crew 6.2 short bed, ProPride Hitch
1995 Jayco Eagle 304 BH sold- March 2013
1978 Nomad 18 sold- April 2005
SPPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:39 AM   #3

Congrats on your new 297 RLDS Solaire Ultra Lite.

"I am having a hard time justifying the cost. My gut tells me to put the 1,789 dollars in the bank and just roll the dice"

Go with your gut instinct but do get the Forest River 2nd year warranty.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #4

Bank the money

put the 1700.00 in the bank but do get the extra year from FR.
RONN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #5

Tell me a little bit about wholesalewarranties.net

I found this company online and I have been given some reasonable quotes from them on an listed component warranty as well as a exclusionary warranty. The dealer was offering a listed component at 1,700 at 4 years.

This company has a listed component one at 5 years for 1,297 and at 7 years for 1,497.

The exclusionary warranty which seems like a better warranty all around is 5 years for 1,397 and at 7 years for 1, 597.

These numbers seem a little more reasonable then what the dealer was quoting. I am just not sure about the actual company.

Travis
LSUTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #6

As with any after market warranty you gotta read all the fine print and exclusionary statements (really fine print). You state you're just not sure about the actual company. That could be your gut trying to tell you something. Personally I'd pass and just get the FR 2nd year warranty.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:31 PM   #7

We just had major issues with our Solaire. I would purchase the
additional coverage. If the unit had a multitude of problems in the
First 6 months just think what will happen a year from now.
redpookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:17 PM   #8

Have the same unit, LOVE it. We did opt for the 1 year extension, have not done an extended at this time.
NWGaGators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:32 AM   #9
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONN View Post
put the 1700.00 in the bank but do get the extra year from FR.

X2!

Sent via Cajun Po-Boy's Tech Gear