Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2018, 08:00 AM   #1

Columbus 298rlc fresh water overflow and gravity fill

Hello all! I am new here as I am a new owner of a 2019 Palomino Columbus 298rls 5th Wheel. I’m just getting set up for it’s maiden voyage and I’m not sure about 2 things (so far!). Where is the fresh water overflow? I only see 2 low point drains and 1 fresh tank drain under the coach, and all three have shut off valves.
On another point, I can’t see how to gravity fill the fresh water, or pump water out of an exterior container into the fresh water tank.
Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks!
Mfuller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 12:28 PM   #2

I don't think they make gravity fills on those rigs.

Do you fill by connecting a fresh water hose to a connection on the side of your rig? If so, you're probably going to need an external pump.

To find the overflow valve, you can always fill the tank to overflowing. They are usually somewhere near the top of the tank. Then you can drain it with that Fresh tank valve.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:58 AM   #3

Okay, thank you
Old 08-26-2018, 02:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
I don't think they make gravity fills on those rigs.

Do you fill by connecting a fresh water hose to a connection on the side of your rig? If so, you're probably going to need an external pump.

To find the overflow valve, you can always fill the tank to overflowing. They are usually somewhere near the top of the tank. Then you can drain it with that Fresh tank valve.

Reverse_snowbird, Did you get all your questions answered? Do you have a Nautilus P1 Convenience Center? If so, download the instructions which were NOT included in my paperwork. There is a way to "suck" water in although it is for cleaning and winterizing.

...And by now you have figured out that the fresh water overflow is in the craziest place that does NOT make sense. Directly ABOVE the duplex receptacle in the convenience center, so it is a short waiting to happen. It's the little black plastic vent looking thing above the 120v plugs.
6.7 PSD SRW
Demco 18K Autoslide
2005 29FRLS (Retired)
GeoffDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 04:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffDW View Post
Do you have a Nautilus P1 Convenience Center? There is a way to "suck" water in although it is for cleaning and winterizing.
No. We have a miniMH. It doesn't have a gravity flow way to fill the tank either. Haven't really tried to fill it from an exterior tank, but we're usually hooked up to a faucet and only keep a small amount of water in the FWT.

That's a terrible place to put an overflow valve.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
No. We have a miniMH. It doesn't have a gravity flow way to fill the tank either. Haven't really tried to fill it from an exterior tank, but we're usually hooked up to a faucet and only keep a small amount of water in the FWT.

That's a terrible place to put an overflow valve.

Reverse_snowbird, SORRY! I am an idiot, that was post that should have been directed to Mfuller1, the original poster.
6.7 PSD SRW
Demco 18K Autoslide
2005 29FRLS (Retired)
Old 08-26-2018, 04:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfuller1 View Post
... 2 things (so far!). Where is the fresh water overflow? I only see 2 low point drains and 1 fresh tank drain under the coach, and all three have shut off valves.
On another point, I can’t see how to gravity fill the fresh water, or pump water out of an exterior container into the fresh water tank.
Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks!

Mfuller1, Do you have a Nautilus P1 Convenience Center? If so, download the instructions which were NOT included in my paperwork. There is a way to "suck" water in although it is for cleaning and winterizing.

...And by now you have figured out that the fresh water overflow you were looking for is in the craziest place that does NOT make sense. Directly ABOVE the duplex receptacle in the convenience center, so it is a short waiting to happen. It's the little black plastic vent looking thing above the 120v plugs.
6.7 PSD SRW
Demco 18K Autoslide
2005 29FRLS (Retired)
Old 08-26-2018, 05:32 PM   #8

Thanks very much for that information. I agree, that is a terrible place for an overflow! I will download the additional directions and see if I can make use of them, otherwise an external pump isn’t the end of the world.
Old 08-26-2018, 05:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffDW View Post
Reverse_snowbird, SORRY! I am an idiot, that was post that should have been directed to Mfuller1, the original poster.
No worries. I did wonder..... Thanks for clarifying.

Tags
columbus, fresh water, water