Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #1

Columbus 320 Pantry Addition

Chris could you please address a few questions that I (we) have? Is it possible to order our 320 in the original plan with no pantry, no dbl fridge and the regular amount of counter space/cabinet to the right of the stove? I understand there can be running changes made to a unit but the changes that have been made to the 320 are structurally different. It's not like fabric on a pillow or added lighting under the awning. I can change those things back if I'd like but I can't reconstruct the slide where the kitchen is currently. Will the units with the new layout be 2014 models? Thanks for answering my questions.
Tkcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:04 AM   #2

It seems most folks would rather the original layout. I understand Palominos thinking in trying to provide a larger fridge but they dropped the ball in changing the most popular selling floor plan. When you try and get ahead sometimes you end up stepping on your own toes.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
Trailer Trash

There is a long discussion about the 2 door vs. 4 door fridge on Columbus models in another thread. Really came down to if you are using the 320RS on a full time basis, a 4 door fridge and pantry trumped more countertop space. You need places in the kitchen to store stuff when full timing. The 2 door fridge is great for weekends but is not really pratical for 7 days a week use. Sounds like most people that are buying Columbus line are retired or close to it and use their RV more than just weekends. The 4 door fridge and pantry is a welcome new design for those guys.

On another subject, I think honestly many people eat in front of the TV with fold up tables and not the dinner table. I'm strongly thinking of taking my table and 4 chairs completely out and putting something else in that spot. The something else is still unkown however. I simply don't use that table for anythng.
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #4

are there any pictures of the new kitchen?
have not seen one
ron5772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #5

We pick up our 320RS tomorrow. We got a preview last Sunday. The layout with The single refrigerator was the old layout. It is a 2014. We are happy with the layout being that way. Not sure if they changed back because of feedback or what, but we like it that way.
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #6

Ours is also single fridg and no pantry. Just came off the line and delivered on TUE last week. PDI MON AM. We got a quick look on THUR and basically is great. Everything ordered and no obvious damage but long PDI will be the key and two nite stay on dealers "campground".
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #7

Just spent 2 nights at the camp ground after picking up. Everything was great. We had a small water leak but the dealer came out and fixed it. We enjoyed it very much. I hope you enjoy yours just as much.
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote