Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2014, 10:14 AM   #1

Columbus Palomino 320RS Fresh water pump

Just got our new Palomino 320RS. Getting ready to go on our first trip. After checking out everything....that was already supposed to be checked out we discovered that when we turned the pump on for fresh water out of the fresh water tank it did not pump. We could hear the pump running but nothing but a few dribbles. The pump did work when we flushed the antifreeze out with fresh water. So when we turn the winterize switch to normal and the hot water bypass switch to RV, filled the hot water tank and turned the pump on inside no water.
We called the dealer and they said we did everything correct. Anyone else have this type of problem? Any ideas?
badboycarmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:05 AM   #2

fresh water does not work

Have hook upped to city water yet? The reason I say this is you need to get water filter full water, so the pump is not sucking air from the filter canster. That is what do.

Bob
bclantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:09 AM   #3
Livin' the Dream

just went thru the same scenario with our 2014 XLR
hooked up to city water...no problem
tried the water pump from the holding tank...pump comes on but no water...
dealer said there was a valve that wasn't turned on???
the rig is in getting the punchlist completed so that's as much as I can tell you.
vquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:54 AM   #4

Not sure what you mean when you say "The pump did work when we flushed the antifreeze out with fresh water." Or did you flush the system by running the pump and drawing fresh water from a container through the winterization port?

We also have a 2014 320RS and I had a problem when I winterized it last November. The pump wouldn't suck up the antifreeze even though I had turned the valve to the winterize position. Our dealer is a 3 hour drive away and I decided to see if I could fix the problem myself. What I found was that there was a loose hose fitting on the winterization valve and caused the pump to just suck air. Also found a hose that was kinked and would have restricted the flow.

The plumbing layout for the system in the Winterization mode is:
Winterization inlet in the water closet to
Winterization valve and through the valve to
Pump to
Filter to
RV water distribution system

In Normal mode
Fresh water holding tank to
Winterization valve and through the valve to
Pump to
Filter to
RV water distribution system

I think what you may have is a loose fitting on the hose fitting coming from the fresh water tank that is connected to the winterization valve. To gain access to the components you will have to go into the basement and remove two panels. The one behind the water closet and the one next to it. You'll be amazed at the amount of wiring, hoses and heat ducts they have tucked within this area. It's not the easiest job to be able to get to the winterization valve. But you may just be able to reach back and tighten the fitting with your fingers. In my case I had to completely remove the winterization valve. But dependent upon how far your from the dealer you may want to do as I did. Plus by doing it I've learned a lot about the layout and systems in the 320RS.

Good Luck and let us know what you find to be the problem.
Enjoying the Good Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:02 AM   #5

Yes, we have hooked up to fresh water and filled the filter...still didn't work.
I thing Enjoying The Good Life hit on the problem.
Yes we did flush the system by running the pump and drawing fresh water from a container through the winterization port?
I think you are correct. Somewhere there is a loose fitting or crimp in the water line...that makes perfect sense. We are about an hour from the dealer so we will be taking it in. We also had a very small leak in one of the aluminum wheels...that was fun finding. So we will take it in and have both problems fixed.
Other that those problems we LOVE the RV...absolutely fabulous.

Thanks to all for the responses.
I'll keep you posted.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:42 PM   #6

Water pump

Had same issue on our 320 after bringing it back to life after winter. Water pump would not pressure the lines. I left pump on, heard it trying to prime, went outside to water heater and open pressure release valve. This allowed air to flow and finally water. Air pocket in the line, and this resolved the issue. Have fresh water tank about 1/2 full and pressure will now build up and pump will shut down.
patrickmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:36 AM   #7

Patrickmr...that sounds interesting also...may be an air pocket. We did use the RV with city water and had no problem. I guess you are saying the air pocket would be between the fresh tank and the pump?

Tags
320rs, columbus, fresh water, palomino, pump, water, water pump