Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #1

Design flaw with Kitchen Faucet

We recently took delivery of a new 385 and the first camping trip out with friends it rained. We all sat inside to watch tv. It is great (with the exception of the surround sound issues which we will discuss later) except that our friends who were sitting on the bench type seat could only watch the TV with the big kitchen faucet right in the middle of the screen. Any thoughts on this issue or any fixes? We were thinking of replacing it with a different faucet.
capnrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #2

We are considering that model and I noticed the same thing in some pictures I found. I asked Christopher Columbus about it and he said they were working on raising the TV up some to help with this. I haven't seen the changes but agree that it would be a huge annoyance.
Fire931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
Always Learning

In other news - what surround sound issues are you having? I was having issues where I wasn't hearing any of the main voices on the screen (only the background/side noises). Upon pulling the radio from the cabinet, it turns out that our center channel speaker cable wasn't hooked up at all.

If it's the same model radio (Genesis 3.0), the outer rim of the cover comes off and shows holes for the screws. There were 6 spots for screws, but we had only 2 screws that were in. When I pulled the radio out - all 6 spots for the screws had been split. Pretty sad sight.

And- a random tidbit. If the speakers are the same. They have a cover that comes off and then it exposes the screws themselves too. I found that out AFTER I pulled the whole speaker from the ceiling.

Anyway, good luck!
Old 10-23-2012, 04:15 PM   #4

Thanks for the info. That is the same exact problem we are having. We can hear the music and such but the voices are not there. Did that fix the problem? The genesis does not ring a Bell as its a Samsung product. The camper is at the dealer so I can't get in there right now. How about Getting the tv thru the surround sound? Any issues with that?
capnrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:03 PM   #5
Always Learning

So - the TV would play fine for what we tried (over the air stations), but it only used the left and right channel speakers (no surround sound) from what I remember/could tell.

It was only playing DVDs with Dolby 5.1 surround sound that didn't work. Hooking up the wires definitely fixed it. In fact, my daughter watched a movie this past weekend when we were camping for the first time on that TV since we got the camper in July. It was nice because we could easily see in at her from where we were - the rig was positioned so that the driver's side faced where we were and we had all of the window blinds opened.

Tags
faucet