Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #1

Finally picked up the 320

Well, after 7 months of waiting, we finally picked up our 2014 320. We won't get into details, but it has been a crazy amount of time. So, 2 quick questions. First, I have no sound at all coming from the LR TV. I know there are issues with the surround sound, but I have no sound at all. Second, the thermostat has no reading at all when I turn it on, and then once I start messing around with it, I can only get zone 1 to come up. It did work at the dealer during the PDI.
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Sporoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:21 AM   #2

Make sure your input to the receiver is set correctly. Mine was into Aux 2 with RCA plugs coming from the headphones jack out of the back of the TV. Use the receiver remote to turn up the volume. Also check you have some volume up on the TV as well.
fish70mg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
Trailer Trash

Regarding the Dometic thermostat, READ THE MANUAL if you have not done so yet. If you are talking multiple zones, we will assume you have two AC units. Zone 1 is for the living room and zone 2 is for the bedroom. You have to be in AC mode and switch between the zones to control both AC units. And being it is winter in MN were I live..........is it even warm enough were you are outside to have the AC even come on? Lots of AC units are protected to not come on if it is too cold out or they will freeze up the compressor. Around 60-65 degrees is the magic number.

TV - look at the back of it and unplug the headphones jack. Then use remote to set audio output selection and volume control. The headphone jack cable is Columbus jury rigging to get television to play through surround sound speakers. What you really need is special cables and an digital to optical audio converter box.
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #4

is that a 2013 or 2014 was told my 320RS came off the line last Wednesday.
tugboat369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelek View Post
Regarding the Dometic thermostat, READ THE MANUAL if you have not done so yet. If you are talking multiple zones, we will assume you have two AC units. Zone 1 is for the living room and zone 2 is for the bedroom. You have to be in AC mode and switch between the zones to control both AC units. And being it is winter in MN were I live..........is it even warm enough were you are outside to have the AC even come on? Lots of AC units are protected to not come on if it is too cold out or they will freeze up the compressor. Around 60-65 degrees is the magic number.

Thanks, yes I read the manual. It seems that mine is set up with the br as zone 1 and the LR as zone 2. I cannot get it to switch zones, and can't get zone 2 to even come up. I am going to try a reset to see if that works.

TV - look at the back of it and unplug the headphones jack. Then use remote to set audio output selection and volume control. The headphone jack cable is Columbus jury rigging to get television to play through surround sound speakers. What you really need is special cables and an digital to optical audio converter box.
I removed the headphone plug and got the tv to work on its own. Just amazes me that this is still and issue and we have to purchase something to make it work like it should work anyway.
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Old 04-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #6
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporoo View Post
I removed the headphone plug and got the tv to work on its own. Just amazes me that this is still and issue and we have to purchase something to make it work like it should work anyway.
Mine works fine with my 46 inch Samsung TV. Before my Hisense was stolen, i had the same problem as you nare with the TV.
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #7
Pop

I had the same issue, and finally figured out, that with the Ear Phone jack, plugged into the TV, and the DVD player on Aux 2, the TV plays through the Surround Sound. If you don't want to turn on the DVD player, and don't care about the TV through the Surround Sound every time you turn on the TV, just unplug the Ear phone jack, and the TV plays normally.
Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #8
Trailer Trash

Install a sound bar below television is another choice. Go ask your favorite place that sells electronics and they can show them to you.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:10 AM   #9

[QUOTE=joelek;349123]Regarding the Dometic thermostat, READ THE MANUAL if you have not done so yet. If you are talking multiple zones, we will assume you have two AC units. Zone 1 is for the living room and zone 2 is for the bedroom. You have to be in AC mode and switch between the zones to control both AC units. And being it is winter in MN were I live..........is it even warm enough were you are outside to have the AC even come on? Lots of AC units are protected to not come on if it is too cold out or they will freeze up the compressor. Around 60-65 degrees is the magic number.

I did the factory reset on the thermostat and it is now working. Thanks
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Old 04-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #10
Trailer Trash

I did the reset on mine also as I only have the AC in living room. Not a big need for 2 AC units in Minnesota. Mine was setup originally with 2 zones so after the reset, I got rid of zone 2. Very easy to add this back in down the road if I choose to relocate and add the 2nd AC in bedroom some day.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #11

Well, this weekend will be the maiden voyage, can't wait. I seem to have most of the "camp driveway" bugs worked out (other than the garage stereo, not working at all). We spent days packing everything into the 320. I already love the space in the garage. With my old TT, I would have to pack the back of the truck, the storage area, and some stuff in the camper. I used rubbermaid lowboy containers for almost everything. I now have everything I need packed into the garage and have a ton of room to spare. I won't know what to do with all of my extra time when I get home from camping, not having to unpack everything. Woohoo! The only thing I want to check this weekend besides the operation of the 320 is my weight. I am hoping to have time to stop by the local truck scale and see what my weights are. With all of the options, it came in at 11,500 lbs, not counting the fifth airborne sidewinder. Hopefully we are ok, but if not, DW and the dogs and myself will be dieting heavily.

I will post our results, hopefully good ones next week. So far, just minor stuff.
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland