Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
MaD

Furnace question - Sabre 36tbok

I used the furnace for the first time last night. Is it normal to have your fan from your roof top AC running automatically when your furnace is running? Also when the furnace gets to the proper temp, the ac fan keeps running when the furnace stops.

This wasn't the setup in my old trailer wondering if this is normal or something is not wired properly.
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:33 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
I used the furnace for the first time last night. Is it normal to have your fan from your roof top AC running automatically when your furnace is running? Also when the furnace gets to the proper temp, the ac fan keeps running when the furnace stops.

This wasn't the setup in my old trailer wondering if this is normal or something is not wired properly.
Make sure your stat is set to auto on the fan mode and not to on, if set to on the fan will run 24 hours a day. Try setting your stat to heat and auto..
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:37 AM   #3

Make sure your Auto/on switch is set to Auto. My AC fan will come on if the switch is in the "on" position. I use the temperture adjustment to manually turn on the heater if needed.

What he said.
CRFultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #4

Auto setting X 3
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
MaD

I will try that when i get back to the trailer. I never tought that fan setting would be connected to the furnace fan.

Still learning the ins and outs of my new trailer.
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
I will try that when i get back to the trailer. I never tought that fan setting would be connected to the furnace fan.

Still learning the ins and outs of my new trailer.
Your Furnace has it's own fan, when you call for heat on the stat the Fur. blower will start first, then your burner will ignite. When you reach the set temp on the stat the burner will shut off but still blow air for a couple of minutes to cool the heat exchanger. That air should be only coming out of the floor registers. That is running the stat control on heat and auto. If you move the lever from auto to on at the fan setting on the stat, that will bring the fan motor on at the AC (a different motor) the air will also come out of the registers in the ceiling. Some people run both at the same time to increase the circulation, but that ac motor will not cycle like the furnace motor when you choose the on position fan control at the bottom of your stat. They are really independant systems running off a 1 thermostat.
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote