Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2015, 09:08 PM   #21

My 2013 ( built 8/12!) 320RS went back to factory for some repairs. I never had any break problems in two years. But while at factory they put on new axels, tires and wheels. They did that I did not ask them too. So they are aware Lippert has a problem. I just looked under my Columbus as I always do looking at inter tire after each trip looking for bubbles ( China tires). I noticed all new hardware and looked at data plate and to my surprise brand new. Hats off to factory for staying two steps ahead.
Barefoot68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:01 AM   #22

I have heard so many bad issues about the Columbus that it is no longer in the running.
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 12:04 PM   #23

You probably will hear bad stories about every brand. We usually hear from people with problems not those who have good ones.
jonwisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:41 AM   #24

Quality control is a major issue across all RV brands. It's sad that we pay so much for such poor quality; but as long as we continue to buy at record rates, it will not improve. I have owned several RV types & brands. None were perfect. I have found the Columbus to be better than most. I also repair everything I can without taking it to the dealer, warranty or not. Some owners have real issues such as delamination, etc. I hate to see those serious issues mixed with a screw that came loose & fell out. We have experienced a few issues with our Columbus, the worse being the grease seals. That is the only thing I had the dealer repair &
waited forever. That was my dealer, not the factory. I'm convinced lemons are built in every RV factory, every so often, because of poor QC. If something happened to our Columbus; we would buy another of the same floor plan & pray we didn't get that total lemon.
2011 Ram Laramie 2500 CC 4X4 6.7 Cummins
2015 Columbus 320RS
"Where ever you go, there you are" Buckaroo Banzai
Goukcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:47 AM   #25

I agree there are both good and bad in all rv manufacturers and most are small QC issues. It is amazing that the factory QC is so poor but they pump them out as fast as they can. Sorry but it seems the American way today. I just had a guy come out to fix a damaged bottom door jamb at the house. He was highly recommended and said oh ya no problem. Well this guy didn't have a clue but jumped in and cut out the bottom piece of don't trim. Two weeks later he shows up with a 2x8 and says he has to fabricate the door trim because he couldn't find it anywhere. I sent him away and went to Lowes, bought the necessary pieces and fixed it myself in 45 minutes. I didn't really have the time to do it but made the time when this guy showed up. The same goes for rvs. I have the ability to fix about anything but I expect it to be built right for the money we pay. The sagging floor issue is a huge issue for me and don't want to tackle that. My local dealer are much the same as the guy who came here to fix my door jamb so that's what I can expect with a warrantee issue.
Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
Slympicins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, columbus, wheel