Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2021, 06:16 PM   #1

Galley drain

I just purchased a 2016 Palomino 315 RLTSEK. Really like it, but what the heck is a galley drain? All my previous RVs just had grey and black water tanks. Also I couldn't find a lever to open and close it. Help would be much appreciated.
chchng4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 08:21 PM   #2

That should just mean that your kitchen has it's own tank. At least that's the case for my Silverback trailer. It would be odd not to have a lever to pull for it. The water control station for my trailer has three levers, each labelled for the tank it works for. I wonder if perhaps you might find a remote lever right at the tank under the kitchen area? I say that as I also have a grey and black tank for the rear washroom on my trailer and their levers are back there, rather than in the water station. I hope it points you in the right direction!
Truck: 2006 Dodge 2500 TRX4 Cummins
Seasonal at Saskatchewan Landing Provincial Park
camaro80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 08:57 PM   #3

Thanks
chchng4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 07:14 AM   #4

how many sewer hose connections do you have? go to each sewer hose connection and find the drain pipes that come out that sewer drain. now follow these drain pipes back to the tank and you will find the drain valves.

also, don't put any faith in the term galley. our trailer has a tank labelled galley that is dedicated to the washer drain. they appear to just use generic prelabelled control panel plates.
Old 05-19-2021, 09:21 AM   #5

On our Columbus 320RS, we have two grey water drain valves, one in the normal plumbing panel, and the other just underneath, and slightly in front of the panel. All three (including the black) drain through the same outlet.
chrissoniat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 10:02 AM   #6

Interesting to see that someone else is somewhat looking for info on a galley tank. I bought a 2022 Puma 32bhdb tt last Nov and waiting to use it come April. It has two bathrooms, outdoor kitchen and a galley tank that serves the kitchen. I also have two grey and black tanks. Forest River service tells me that I have a galley tank and that there is a handle hidden under by the slides. The underbelly is enclosed so following the piping to the tank is not an option. So I'm with you on this and still trying to find out but will probably have to wait till I use it come April. The not so funny part of this is that the dealer has no idea if I have a galley tank, I had to make many calls and finally got thru to FR service.
bsebol51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:01 PM   #7

Galley tank info

Finally, after using my tt the first time the galley tank drain is the front Grey tank handle under the slide and not a very large tank at all.
bsebol51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain