Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #1

Has Anyone Installed a TV to the Bedroom Wall

I have a 2012 Palomino Sabre 32RCTS and want to install a 24" LG TV to the wall just above the dresser window in the bedroom. Has anyone done this or know if there is sufficient backing in the wall to hold it? There is already a cable outlet and a 120v outlet on the side of the dresser so I'm assuming this would be an option during the build of this unit. It seems as though there is some backing support but only in the center area above the window. Maybe I could locate a mount that will install only to this center area and not to the sides of it where it seems to be hollow. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

2012 Palomino Sabre 32RCTS-6
2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Fx4 6.7 Powerstroke
16K PullRite SuperGlide
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags
Cyoul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
CampingQueen

If there's a cable and power outlet there is probably a specific spot in the wall that has a backer board there to support the TV bracket.

Not only did we have a sticker indicating where that spot was on our TT bedroom wall, it also showed up very nicely when using a stud detector as a solid thick area.

We did this mod on our TT first thing and it worked great!
2011: 17 nights 2012: 26 nights 2013: 46 2014: 20 2015: 16
arlee453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
Always Learning

Post a link on the "Ask the Sabre Factory" thread to these messages and SabreSam should be able to help you out.

I'm most curious if it's ok to travel with a TV mounted on the wall (19" flat screen in my case).
Old 11-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyoul8r
I have a 2012 Palomino Sabre 32RCTS and want to install a 24" LG TV to the wall just above the dresser window in the bedroom. Has anyone done this or know if there is sufficient backing in the wall to hold it? There is already a cable outlet and a 120v outlet on the side of the dresser so I'm assuming this would be an option during the build of this unit. It seems as though there is some backing support but only in the center area above the window. Maybe I could locate a mount that will install only to this center area and not to the sides of it where it seems to be hollow. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Search under Palomino under "Ask the Sabre Factory...", your question is already answered in the thread with pics from SabreSam

Old 11-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyoul8r
Understand the thickness of your trailer and use the small supplied bolts find the center and put your bracket up
Cuttinchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:21 PM   #6

We have a 21" Vizio TV installed on the bedroom wall and have traveled over 25,000 miles, some on very rough roads, without any problems. The wall has internal reinforcement for mounting and has decals indicating a 30# weight limit. The mounting bracket had 10 holes and I used #12 x 3/4 pan head screws in all of them just to make sure it stays in place.
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #7

So just some food for thought. I am not sure how it works with Forest River, but on my last TT, a KZ, I installed a bedroom tv. It had a sticker on the wall designating the support for the tv bracket, but when I did a stud finder search, it was not showing up. So I called the manufacturer and asked about the sticker and location of the support. She told me not to pay attention to the sticker, that the guys at the factory will sometimes move it to get it out of the way when finishing up on the build. HUH???. So, I asked her to send me a schematic of the framing for the TT. (this was the second time i did this with a TT and it is nice to have). Apparently there is not always a mount put into this babies. I ended up mounting two finished 1X3's and mounted the bracket to them. Also, be careful with the depth you drill, you can to through the outside shell very easily. Hope this helps. Dave
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Sporoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #8

Cy---
I was concerned also in regards to bracket placement. During my first look at the 36QBOK-7, I asked the salesman where a bracket could be mounted, ( the factory has cable/ac above dresser in the ceiling), after giving him a deposit on the trailer, he assured me he would have a "tech look into it". During our PDI, the location was pointed out to me using two pieces of painters tape, not an exact science, but one I'll use never-the-less, (haven't put a drill into it yet).
2006 HarleyDavidson RoadKing Classic
5verdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #9
Always Learning

5verdriver - I have the same camper and asked about in the Ask the Factory thread... SabreSam gave precise instructions on where the backer is. If I recall offhand (double-check me), it's centered over the dresser.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #10
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
5verdriver - I have the same camper and asked about in the Ask the Factory thread... SabreSam gave precise instructions on where the backer is. If I recall offhand (double-check me), it's centered over the dresser.
Look back in thread under SabreSam, he has pics and measurements...bracket is showed off centered from dresser in his pics.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:39 AM   #11

Thanks guys for the feedback, I will look up the thread as soon as I get a few extra minutes later today.
2006 HarleyDavidson RoadKing Classic
5verdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #12

TV Mount

I have a 36tbok6 and I mounted a 22" tv over the bedroom window, Center of window and up 6" up from top of window. was told the center of window to roof was where the support was for the tv mount, power and cable on roof I dont travel with tv mounted there, tv is on slide bracket.

Ron
RONN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #13

Thanks for all the responses. As supported by SabreSam, I did not have the backing board support. It seems that only the 2013 models have the support with the connections on the ceiling but mine is a 2012 with the connections on the side of the dresser. However, I was able to install the bedroom TV to an aluminum stud above the center of the window. It is very secure and it will stay mounted during travel.

2012 Palomino Sabre 32RCTS-6
2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Fx4 6.7 Powerstroke
16K PullRite SuperGlide
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags
Cyoul8r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed