Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2014, 11:01 PM   #1

How is your flooring holding up?

Good evening guys,
I just have a few question about little thing that made me notice another thing and maybe someone here can put my mind at ease.

Ive had my new camper home for a few days. There is a bubble in the flooring by the vent in the bathroom. I asked when I bought it to fix if before I pick it up. They said they would, I went to pick it up and it was down a little but not flat I thought they would just move the vent and glue it but they said take it home and we will see if they will fix it under warranty at a later date. I can probably fix it but spending the money we do on a brand new camper it should come looking new.

Well bigger problem, I walk in the camper to night tonight and two feet in front of the door there is a tear. Not the end of the world but it looks horrible because its right in the middle when your walking in and now its the first thing I look at. Its not very big (yet) but its completly through. I was wondering what every ones thoughts were on the flooring and if there are any easy fix ideas. Do I need to make everyone remove there shoes every time before entering? I can see wear and tear but really bummed about this 5 days into owning it. Also when looking at the flooring tonight I notice the cracked bottom base of the shower. Ive never even been in the shower yet. Now I'm wondering if that crack is going to chip when I start using it and end up with a big hole there.

Maybe everybody has these problems and I need to just chill but now its in the back of my head. I know a rip or tear could happen anytime, a freak accident and a knife drops or something but we dont even have anything in the camper yet........ anyone care to chime in and express there thoughts?

As always thanks guys!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140331_173754_636.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	48879   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140331_173813_109.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	48880   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140331_173908_846.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	48881  
"Duramax"

B&W companion slider
cronek28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:18 PM   #2

I had exactly the same crack on my shower base when I picked up our new Flagstaff last spring. Used it all summer then took it to the dealer for warranty, should be ready to pick up any day now.
fly-swatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:20 PM   #3
TeresaInCAL

I'm going to say someone dropped something on the floor, and left that gouge. Can't really see what's by the vent. And the cracked shower is NOT acceptable. I'd have that replaced ASAP.
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:14 AM   #4

Yeah I'm assuming the tear must be from a rock on somebody's shoe even though most have taken there shoes off. Its unfortunate but I guess a warning to be careful I never had a problem in the four years of using our Puma. Does anyone have any good ideas for fixing the tear? A certain kind of glue or something?
"Duramax"

B&W companion slider
Old 04-01-2014, 07:24 AM   #5

Looks like the flooring we had in our Columbus 320, “Beauflor”. Had similar issues when a service tech tracked in a small pebble under the lip of the carpeting…when the slide closed, it tore two small holes in the floor. This stuff is very thin, soft and tears easily, not to mention the bubbles that will form. The factory will tell you it is because “it needs to be for this type of application”. If that is the case, then why do many of the “higher end” manufactures use real tile, sometimes granite?
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:37 AM   #6

We have what looks like the same flooring in our trailer. We get a ripple by one of the vents in certain temperatures. I assume the flooring is cut too tight at the vent and has not enough room to grow during normal expansion and contraction.
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:51 AM   #7

Igray, yes I believe its "beauflor" the stuff looks awesome I would not expect tile or granite but fingers crossed this is the first and last. Maybe we were just lucky with the first camper, I'm dreading hearing about it when my wife walks into the camper.

Malco , yeah I'm thinking it might tighten up when it warms up, hoping that's soon but I thought I'd bundle it in with the other questions. ...... is the LeMans a rag top? I restored a 68 gto rag top, 68 catolina rag top with my dad. Loves his Pontiacs next one he is starting in a few weeks is a 55 star chief
"Duramax"

B&W companion slider

Tags
flooring