Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #141

We just purchased a 2009 Clean, but used 25RS. We love the layout it has, mainly the couch in the rear with the big window. I have been busy going over the inside and out looking for little things that need a little attention. We are chomping at the bits, to take it to a state park not far away. We don't want to de winterize it yet...have to wait until next month I guess. I have a question: the panels above the tires need some sealant in some areas, what is a good type to use? Does anyone know if Lowe's or Home Depot have it? Glad to be an owner......
Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:18 AM   #142

Two days ago I was looking underneath my 2009 Puma 25RS that we purchased recently. I noticed some wires that were rubbing on a brace underneath on the left side, looking forward from the rear. The tape was coming undone that held them together. I have been putting insulation on them and then tie wrapping them. One set of wires from the tanks are routed over a brace...insulating that area also. I went over the pop up that I owned the same way. Trying to prevent problems in the future.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #143

That is a good practice with anything you buy. I bought a new Harley a few years ago, and had I not inspected the wiring myself, I'm certain I would have had major electrical problems by now. As soon as as weather permits, I'll be crawling around under my puma. I have already reversed the light switches in the front bedroom.
hightech62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #144

Thumbs up 2009 Puma 28BHS

Purchased a new 2009 28 foot bunkhouse slide in Dec 2011. Cannot wait for spring. This was a dealer owned never titled, we love the floor plan. Our daughter loves the bunks. Planning trips for this season.
Mikeandmandee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeandmandee
Purchased a new 2009 28 foot bunkhouse slide in Dec 2011. Cannot wait for spring. This was a dealer owned never titled, we love the floor plan. Our daughter loves the bunks. Planning trips for this season.
How do you like the puma so far? And have you had any serious issues?
We just purchased a new 295kbh , expecting it in may
Pullingpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev-val
My wife and I just picked up a new 2012 puma 259SSBH here end of October. We are ready for spring so we can use it.
How do you like your 295kbh ? We just purchased and are awaiting for the unit in may... Have you had issues and what can you share with us
Thanks
Peter
Pullingpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark and Linda View Post
Two days ago I was looking underneath my 2009 Puma 25RS that we purchased recently. I noticed some wires that were rubbing on a brace underneath on the left side, looking forward from the rear. The tape was coming undone that held them together. I have been putting insulation on them and then tie wrapping them. One set of wires from the tanks are routed over a brace...insulating that area also. I went over the pop up that I owned the same way. Trying to prevent problems in the future.
Photos of the wiring:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer Wiring Before 6.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	11348   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer Wiring Before 4.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	11349   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer Wiring Before 1.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	11350   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer Wiring Before 5.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	11351  
Old 04-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #148

Traded my 2005 Puma 19FS for my new 2012 Puma 25RS. The major differences I have noticed so far are:

- A lot more storage (of course), by more I mean like twice as much.

- The stabilizers on the new one seem to be made cheaper and were bolted on, not welded, which kind of contributes to the "rocking" sensation that the other one did not have. I plan to look into beefier stabilizers and welding them on.

- The bathroom and tub are smaller and there is no heat duct in the bathroom, all things I knew before purchase, but was pointed out to me by the wife.

- Really LOVE the power awning.

- So far am very happy with the new one (except for the rocking) and am glad we made the upgrade.
kevin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:22 AM   #149

Congratulations on the new one. We love ours, it was a used Puma 25RS but well taken care of. Our stabilizers are also bolted on but I can live with that. I just tighten them a bit. I know if one goes bad, shouldn't be hard to replace. We love all the storage space, even though we don't use all of it, just knowing that we have the option to do so, if needed.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #150

Ordered some stablizers from Camping World, they are about twice as heavy duty as the ones that came on the camper. I am going to put the new ones on and then see if I need to weld them. I cannot belive they put such light weight cheapos on such a nice camper.
kevin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #151

No issues yet. Been stocking up on supplys and camping accesories.
Mikeandmandee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #152
Puma TT owner

We just purchased a 2012 Puma 31DBTS and there was a road atlas compliments of Forest River along with all the information for the F.R.O.G. group inside the new trailer.
MHEWITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #153
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHEWITT View Post
We just purchased a 2012 Puma 31DBTS and there was a road atlas compliments of Forest River along with all the information for the F.R.O.G. group inside the new trailer.
congrats on the new unit !
welcome !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #154

Hoping its on time!

We purchased a Puma 27RBSS in February that is supposed to come offline today!!!

I hope they aren't behind and I can pick it up sometime this week!!!
superk1035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #155

Got a question for the 25RS owners: I was out today, making sure my windows will open with ease, then I got to the rear window. I know that I will probably never open the lower window. I tried to figure out how to open it...it has knobs on both sides...loosen them...and then? I bought it used in January...something I never asked on the walk through.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #156
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

sometimes there stuck the first time .
have someone on the outside help get it open as you turn the knobs.
If you look closely you can see the arms moving until they get to the point where they want to push the window open . but since its most likely stuck it will not .
just a suggestion .
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #157

Thanks for the reply...I have lubed it down with slide. Going to try it again tomorrow after everything soaks in. I am thinking that the previous owners probably never opened it. We bought the Puma this Jan. from a dealer here in town. I am slowly trying to get everything working half way. I know that we will be out camping and the DW will ask, why don't you open the window? Just want to make sure it will.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #158

My wife and I signed on a 2013 Puma 30DBSS (odd since it is still the first half of 2012). Can't wait to get the kids out and enjoy the rig. Should be in around the 23rd.
travyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #159

Scared now.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk1035 View Post
We purchased a Puma 27RBSS in February that is supposed to come offline today!!!

I hope they aren't behind and I can pick it up sometime this week!!!
Hmmm, haven't heard anything from my dealer. Almost Friday now. Don't know if my camper is offline or not.

First trip is scheduled for 19-21 April, hope I'm not going to be going in a tent.

Oh Puma, where art thou?!?

2013 Puma 27RBSS
2006 Ram 1500 Quad cab 5.7L Hemi 3.92 Axle
Kevin and Juanita and whoever wants to go
Old 04-18-2012, 07:26 AM   #160

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by superk1035 View Post
Hmmm, haven't heard anything from my dealer. Almost Friday now. Don't know if my camper is offline or not.

First trip is scheduled for 19-21 April, hope I'm not going to be going in a tent.

Oh Puma, where art thou?!?
Well, I found it! And I am picking it up in about 4 hours! I can't wait!

Now we just have to get it all packed before leaving Friday afternoon, its gonna be close!

I am so excited I'm about to burst!

2013 Puma 27RBSS
2006 Ram 1500 Quad cab 5.7L Hemi 3.92 Axle
Kevin and Juanita and whoever wants to go

Tags
palomino