Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #1
RV Enthusiast since 1978

Is there a Palomino Factory Expert on line for Solaire?

Just curious if the Solaire owners have a factory rep like the Columbus group that is monitoring this forum for questions and comments? If not, I'd strongly suggest they get one for feedback / suggestions etc.

Lou

.....the big rolling turd II is back in the driveway for another season of travels!

Glendale 290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:19 AM   #2
Always Learning

I don't know if there is, but you might send this as an email directly to FRF. We aren't actually associated with Forest River in anyway.

Hopefully it'll get us a new rep on board!
Old 07-24-2013, 06:26 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Factory reps. Are here on there own accord at there own free will.
As said forest river has absolutely nothing to do with anything on this forum.

I've not seen a rep here for soliare

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #4
Factory Representative

Factory Rep at your service! I would not consider myself an expert, but if I can't answer your question I will talk to somebody that can answer your question and get back to you as soon as possible. If you would like to call in to the factory you are welcome to do so 1-800-297-5830, there is also some helpful information on our website palominorv.com if you haven't already been there. Thanks for your time FRF board
Palomino Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #5
RV Enthusiast since 1978

Palomino Pal;

What final inspection steps / processes are done at the Colon Michigan plant before Solaires are delivered to their dealers. When we looked at our unit, it had a number of small fit / finish issues that the selling dealer had to address during PDI and day of pick up of our unit. This is the fourth travel trailer we have purchased and I can't recall having as many small issues to be addressed. One would think that QC would catch these before delivery to the dealer??

I'd appreciate knowing what checks are done. Thanks!

Lou

.....the big rolling turd II is back in the driveway for another season of travels!

Old 08-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #6

I had a ton of issues with the new solaire. Some small a few big. My dealer was worthless. Camper ended up going back to factory they had it back to me in a week. Just got back from a ten day trip to western Michigan. Camper was great. Hopefully all my issues are behind me. The factory was awesome to deal with!
Antler man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #7
RV Enthusiast since 1978

Hey Antler Man;

I am glad to hear that the factory was great to deal with. Did you get a sense that they are going to look long & hard at their quality control before the unit first leaves Western Michigan?

Lou

Old 08-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #8

My ordeal went on since Memorial Day weekend. It was hell. My dealer sucked. I was so focused on getting my camper usable that I didn't even get into the quality control aspect of the matter. I had a major slide issue with mine. I can tell you that in my opinion they certainly do have issues to address. A few of my problems should have never arised if the unit was checked over before it left the factory.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #9

Did anyone ever get a response from PAL? I shot him a PM and got nothing back....

-Bill Thomas
Palomino Solaire 317 BHSK
billt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #10
Factory Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glendale 290 View Post
Palomino Pal;

What final inspection steps / processes are done at the Colon Michigan plant before Solaires are delivered to their dealers. When we looked at our unit, it had a number of small fit / finish issues that the selling dealer had to address during PDI and day of pick up of our unit. This is the fourth travel trailer we have purchased and I can't recall having as many small issues to be addressed. One would think that QC would catch these before delivery to the dealer??

I'd appreciate knowing what checks are done. Thanks!

Lou
There is no easy way to describe the QC process, however I'll try and do my best to give some insight. At it's most basic there is a series of paperwork/checklists I would say in the nieghborhood of 200 or so steps that each have to be signed off on by a QC employee, these involve every fine detail that can possibly be thought of. That way when something turns up that's hasn't recieved the kind of attention to detail we expect, we can hold the employee accountable. Generally there are around 5 QC employee's working final finish in travel trailer production. If you would like me to be more specific on certain things involving QC then feel free to let me know, thanks!
Palomino Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palomino Pal View Post
There is no easy way to describe the QC process, however I'll try and do my best to give some insight. At it's most basic there is a series of paperwork/checklists I would say in the nieghborhood of 200 or so steps that each have to be signed off on by a QC employee, these involve every fine detail that can possibly be thought of. That way when something turns up that's hasn't recieved the kind of attention to detail we expect, we can hold the employee accountable. Generally there are around 5 QC employee's working final finish in travel trailer production. If you would like me to be more specific on certain things involving QC then feel free to let me know, thanks!
Palomino pal speaks the truth!
I watched two people with an armfull of masking tape walking around a unit looking for discrepancy's in the factory sabre tour I took last week.

Turbs
Old 08-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #12

Well they must have had an off day because in my solaire the toilet seat would hit the toilet seat at 85% or so open. We had to hold it up until the dealer had t redo the wall in bathroom. Also our tub leaked because it was tilted. Is there no levels at the factory? Do they not do water tests after pluming installs? Also my LEDs were out in the awning. That should be an EASY check. I could go on and on.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antler man View Post
Well they must have had an off day because in my solaire the toilet seat would hit the toilet seat at 85% or so open. We had to hold it up until the dealer had t redo the wall in bathroom. Also our tub leaked because it was tilted. Is there no levels at the factory? Do they not do water tests after pluming installs? Also my LEDs were out in the awning. That should be an EASY check. I could go on and on.
You and the dealer should have also caught these problems during your pdi if the factory didn't.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post

You and the dealer should have also caught these problems during your pdi if the factory didn't.
Yeah. Cause we all hook the units up to water when we buy at the dealer. Whatever
Old 08-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #15
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palomino Pal View Post
Out of curiosity, is this *every* camper or just a select handful?
Old 08-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #16

When we bought it all I did was sit on toilet to check legroom. My bad for assuming that the tech who installed it didn't check if the seat would stay up by itself. As for the lights I checked them day of pick up. That's when I noticed. I still had to wait for the strip to be ordered from factory.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #17
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

Yeah. Cause we all hook the units up to water when we buy at the dealer. Whatever
Sorry but the last two units I bought were hooked up to water in the middle of the shop when I arrived for my pdi.
We ran everything to check for leaks.
Sorry that your dealer isn't as great as mine whom is very concerned that were happy in every way.
Before we left everything that turned on or off or ran in someway was checked.

Turbs
Old 08-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #18

Ur lucky. Wasn't an option for me.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #19
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Ur lucky. Wasn't an option for me.
Some dealers don't care ......
Mine happens to .

In a matter of speaking if a brand new unit leaves the dealer with obvious and blatant issues there at fault as they are supposed to be the factories second line of defense and the consumer the third during pdi.

Hope all your issues are fixed in a appropriate time frame.

Turbs
Old 08-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #20
Missing Link

My dealer also had water hooked up during pdi. And also if you read this Palomino pal could you tell me how close or puma 30dbss is to completion. Wink wink. Last name Link dealer Phillips