Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #1

Issues with Hisense in Columbus

I have found several threads about the Hisense TVs that are put in the new Columbus 5th wheels. I decided to make a new thread to discuss (complain), please bear with me. Me and my wife purchased a new 2013 Palomino Columbus 320RS from a local dealer in Feb. of 2013. First off we love, absolutely love this 5th wheel. As with everything you purchase we have had some minor issues. The major issue we have had is with the 42" Hisense Smart TV. This TV began to turn itself off. The screen will turn green and the speakers will howl a high pitched tone. This began to occur about once a week shortly after we took delivery. Now this TV will shut itself off 6 or 7 times an hour, which is very frustrating to say the least. My wife has contacted the dealership several times in reference to replacing this TV, to no avail. It seems the individual in charge of the warranty work will not return phone calls or is never at work. I have contacted Hisense directly, only to be told that i need to contact the dealership for a replacement. Has anyone experienced this issue with a Hisense TV in your Columbus?
2ndcareer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #2

If that dealer doesn't want your service business, go somewhere else. It's that simple.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #3

Contact Columbus. Tell them you would like a replacement. Take a video of the TV acting up and send it to them as proof.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #4
Trailer Trash

1st, who is the crappy dealer that wont return the call? Let others know to be leery of the dealer.

2nd, why did you buy from that dealer - just because they are local? Many times this is a BAD mistake. If their service dept. sucks, now you know why. Qualify your dealer AND their service department BEFORE you buy.

3rd, your dealer is local. Get off the phone and show up in person!!! That can't blow you off when you show up in person. Talk to the sales manager! That person is typically there every day. IF the sales manager does not take care of it for you, report it to the factory.

4th, Factory Columbus Warranty Contact
Celestino 'Cel' Lopez
Office: 574-821-1487
Email: CLopez@forestriverinc.com
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #5

I have seen this issue a couple of times in our 2014 320rs. Really has startled me as the screen flash and sudden high pitched howl is quite loud. If this happens a couple more times I too will be contacting my dealer for a replacement.
chwill3073 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
columbus