Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2012, 07:01 AM   #1

Just ordered Columbus F385BH

Hi All,

Been a Forest River owner and a forum lurker for a few years. Yesterday we ordered a new F385BH and I had a few questions.
  1. Does anyone have the measurements for the bike rack? I want to order a cargo net and need the dimensions.
  2. We walked through an inventory model yesterday and could not figure out how to recline the theater seating. I know it reclines but was wondering if you have to move it away from the wall to do so.
  3. The floor plan shows a stove in the outside but I didn't see the stove or a hookup for it. I was hoping there was at least a quick disconnect back there for the grill.

Thanks in advance for your help!

David

funkyJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:10 AM   #2
Wish I was camping

We got our 385bh a few weeks ago. We didn't get the bike rack because we got the fiberglass rear cap. The theater seats will recline without pulling them out. There is a lever down between the cushion and the arm. They work great. Our unit doesn't have the stove or the quick disconnect for a grill. I guess the stopped doing that. I'm not sure why. You will like it once you get the kinks worked out.

Matt

2010 Dodge 3500 Mega Cab Dually
B&W Companion hitch
fice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:23 AM   #3

Thanks, Matt.

I was kind of counting on the outside stove. Not the stove as much as the quick disconnect. I guess I'll call the dealer and see what they have to say. Although I really like the fact that the outside kitchen is all metal. I think it's a good place to store the grill while traveling.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
Factory Rep

To all that buy a 385bh Columbus. We ship them with a nice weber electric grill and a roll away cart that stores away in the basement.
If you don't have it then the dealer owes it to you . As we ship them in every 385.
Please , have happy camping and rediscover North America .
Christopher Columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #5

I saw the grill but didn't realize it was electric. I guess that makes sense but I JUST bought a Weber Q 200 (gas) on my last trip and used it once. Which model grill comes with the camper?

Also, how difficult would it be to run a cable connection to the outdoor kitchen area? Be a nice place for a small TV.

Thanks for the responses!
Old 07-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
Wish I was camping

I know that if you still want a gas grill it wouldnt be very hard to run a gas line. The gas is at the fridge slide and all pipe is exposed. I haven't used our electric grill yet so I don't know how well it works. It does look like a nice one though.

Matt

2010 Dodge 3500 Mega Cab Dually
B&W Companion hitch
fice is offline   Reply With Quote