Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2018, 12:43 PM   #1

LG Refrigerator Dead.

My refrigerator in my 2015 Columbus 381FL has quit on me. I can't find anyone that wants to work on it. My question is how do we get it out to access the back. It looks like I am going to have to try it myself. It seems to be bolted to the floor, but where. Then getting it out of the cabinet space with the sink island in front of it makes it look like a no-go. Any help or advice please. It has been out for a week now.

Okie
08 F450
USMC Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:52 PM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Some of those I've seen where you had to remove the lower freezer drawer and panels to get to the bolts that hold it in.

Many of those units are put in place BEFORE the side wall(s) is/are installed.
I've read where some will come out sideways through a removed window.

If I were to ever buy a rig with a residential refrigerator, I'd make darn certain it could be removed through the front door if necessary

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC Okie View Post
My refrigerator in my 2015 Columbus 381FL has quit on me. I can't find anyone that wants to work on it. My question is how do we get it out to access the back. It looks like I am going to have to try it myself. It seems to be bolted to the floor, but where. Then getting it out of the cabinet space with the sink island in front of it makes it look like a no-go. Any help or advice please. It has been out for a week now.

Okie

What exactly do you mean my quit? Lights on but not cooling or no lights either?
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 01:04 PM   #4

The refer is still running and but not cooling. It maintains about 50 degrees and of course there is no freezer. It is the french door type of refer.

Okie
08 F450
Old 01-29-2018, 02:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC Okie View Post
The refer is still running and but not cooling. It maintains about 50 degrees and of course there is no freezer. It is the french door type of refer.

Okie

Sometimes the "self-defrost" timer gets stuck. I had a GE in my sticks & brick that it happened to twice in the 15 years I had it. If you know where it's hidden (shouldn't be too hard because it is, well, used to be a servicable item), sometimes you can turn the dial if it is that type. If that gets it working, order another timer because it may only work until the next defrost cycle.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:04 PM   #6

I couldn't get any local techs to try checking the LG because they wanted to get to the back of the fridge and to get to the back of it in this trailer is going to be a chore. There is not enough clearance between the sink island and the fridge to pull it out. You can check the fan to see if it is working by taking the front apart, which I did and found it to be good. so the next step is the control board and access to it is in the back of the fridge. So I will let my dealer take care of it when we get back home in April. In the mean time it is living out of a cooler. We just purchased a small freezer to be delivered next week.
Life is fun living in the RV world!!

Okie
08 F450
Old 02-04-2018, 11:01 AM   #7

I have a 2015 Columbus 320RS that the LG went out 2 months after purchase. Had the LG techs look at it, the outcome was two main boards were toast. They were replaced and no problems since. But the LG guys are on there own schedule. It took six weeks for that to happen. Good luck
Dave Mun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator