Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #1

Looking to buy a Columbus 320rs

We are new to RV's and are looking to buy a Columbus 320RS. Can anybody give us some feedback regarding this RV? Any problems, issues etc we need to be aware of? Also has anybody any experience buying from RV Wholesalers? Is it worth going thru them? How about getting anything fixed when buying from RV Wholesalers? Good or bad, we appreciate any comments. Thanks a lot.
Barrencreekfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #2

Hey there, welcome to the forum. If you look at previous posts involving the 320RS, you will find a lot of information. Overall, you will find a lot of satisfied people. They love their 320 and the factory is very helpful. I can't speak from experience yet since we are awaiting ours, but most of what I have read is very positive.

Good luck, and ask away if you want.

Dave
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Sporoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #3

Thank You, Dave and Kim,
we are going to an RV Show here in Springfield, MO this weekend and hope to learn a bit more before we take the plunge
Old 01-11-2013, 01:18 AM   #4
Site Team

there are tons of posts on the 320RS and RVW. you'll find what you're looking for by doing a search, way quicker than waiting for someone to post answers.

in fact, there's currently a long RVW thread with posts from the co-owner of the company.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:58 AM   #5

Got our 320Rs last March and just LOVE IT. Went to Branson last November with it and went by your Ranch- nice-.
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Enjoying Life 1 Campground at a time
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #6

Thank you so much for all your info - we can use every little bit of help and advise we can get.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrencreekfarms
Thank You, Dave and Kim,
we are going to an RV Show here in Springfield, MO this weekend and hope to learn a bit more before we take the plunge
I hope you are not too disappointed. You have to go to St. Louis or Kansas City to get the full effect. You'll be lucky if you see one Columbus. I will be heading to St. Louis in the am.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrencreekfarms View Post
We are new to RV's and are looking to buy a Columbus 320RS. Can anybody give us some feedback regarding this RV? Any problems, issues etc we need to be aware of? Also has anybody any experience buying from RV Wholesalers? Is it worth going thru them? How about getting anything fixed when buying from RV Wholesalers? Good or bad, we appreciate any comments. Thanks a lot.
Since your kinda close check out. www.Cheyennecampingcenter.com

That's were we bought our palomino sabre.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #9

We ordered our 320 RS on Nov. 17 and are going Monday to AC Nelsen RV World in Omaha to pick it up. We are quite excited. We love the floor plan and when researching the unit it appears that most people are quite happy with it. We ordered with the stackable washer/dryer, 6 point leveling system, the strong arm stabilizer package, the 2nd ac, and the Trail Air tri-glide pin box. We're planning a trip to Alaska this summer.
Rogerl1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:16 AM   #10
Trailer Trash

The first year 320RS rigs were problamatic which is normal for new models of RV, cars, motorcycle, planes, etc. You will read about these items on this forum. The 2013 and on models of course were better as teething problems with a new model were fixed, updated, etc. Warranty fixes take weeks to months to get done, but one by one they do get done.

Your challenge is to find a USED Columbus RV anywere on the internet for sale. If there are no used ones for sale, chances are owners are loving their rig. Columbus has released more models now and their brand is growing. The price point of these rigs is a great value and the are still selling well from what I read here.

Lots of your good or bad experance will be how good or bad your dealer setup your RV. Find a dealer that has been around for a LONG TIME. I bought mine from Cheyenne also. They have been around since the 60's. They survided 40+ years in the RV business. Ask yourself how could an RV dealer possibly do that. Not many do.
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:18 AM   #11

We just bought our 320 and it should be here in 6-7 weeks!!!!!!

We are so look excited about our new 320! We are trading in our Crusader since the floor plan just doesn't work as well as we hoped it would . We were all ready to order the Crusader model with a new floor plan and after seeing the Columbus 320 We were sold on its design and detail.
Counting the days till we're done with ice and snow.
Tkcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #12
"On the road again"

Count us among the 320RS owners that LOVE our rig...and we now live in it one full week per month - so we're 25-PerCenters!! We got ours right after they came out (ordered last January - took possession in early March).

A few minor problems and adjustments and one AC change over for the bedroom unit - all covered by warranty.

Would we do it again? ABSOLUTELY!!! Are we 100% satisfied with our Columbus - ABSOLUTELY!!

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #13

We love our 320RS.... we are kind of neighbors to the East. Just to let you know there is a dealer in Carthage and one in Wentzville that carries the Columbus line. Also, Happy Trails in Lebanon will service them. Hope that helps you!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #14

Roger1016, congrats on your new Columbus 320 RS. We took delivery of our Columbus in June and have made several trips and really like it. We would like a stackable W/D but when I measured the space in the trailer, was not tall enough. What brand of stackable units did you go with? Do you pull with a DW TV? Good luck with your trailer!
ranchand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #15
Trailer Trash

I don't have them but saved info from a previous thread that were installed in a 320RS..............

Spendid Ariston Stackable. The dryer is a model TVM63X and the washer is a model ARWXF129W.

They work pretty well. They take a bit longer than my home washer/dryer but that is to be expected. Power usage isn't really a problem. You do need to make sure your grey tank is open while using. They won't fill up an empty tank but I don't want to take the chance with a half full tank.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #16

Went through the Columbus Plant last July at Goshen Rally. WOW what a nice place and good workmanship. You can definitely tell the added details to these units over more stock units. The GM told us everyone they build is already sold.
CincyED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #17

Joelek, Thanks for the stackable W/D info. I will revisit the issue and try to find dimensions of the two. Also concerned with the additional weight!
ranchand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #18
Trailer Trash

Spendide Ariston Stackable. The dryer is a model TVM63X and the washer is a model ARWXF129W. Yes this is in a Columbus. Tight fit to say the least.

Another option is non stackable all in one unit. Splendide makes this style also. Less expensive, less cramped, but supposedly takes longer to do laundry with the all in one unit. But if you have laundry machines in your RV, you are probably retired and have all the time in the world compared to us working stiffs.

Pic of a Spendide 2000S - no idea if this fits in the Columbus models. Pic is just a reference of a non stacked all in one unit.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #19
TJB

Picked our 320 up on 11/15/12 we love it. Bought it at rvw very good to deal with. Would buy from them again.
TJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #20
RVWholesalers Representative

TJB, thank you for the vote of confidence, welcome to the RVW Family and please know I am just a message away if you need help with anything! Thank you for your business and please don't hesitate to contact me if you need anything at all. Have a great day- David

Tags
320rs