Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2007, 08:18 PM   #1

Lovin' the new Puma

Just got back from a weeks worth of Labor Day camping in the new Puma. After 6 days of living in it, I didn't want to get out of it. Thus far it seems to be a great unit and holding up to the rigors of family life.
Showed up on site a 9 p.m. Wednesday, backed in, new back-up lights I installed on trailer helped a bunch. Plugged in and got A/C running ASAP, started a smoky fire for bugs next. Set up easily filled with water. Overflow not attached, no big deal, slip on and clamp it tomorrow. Off to the bathroom for a break, go to flush, and WHOOSH, water comes out like a rocket. Laugh at myself for jumping and run it more to get some air out.
Mrs. Kilowatt goes in a bit later and, WHOOSH, out like a rocket. Explained to her it was just air. Off to bed, waiting for tomorrow to see family and friends to their respective sites.
Great weekend had by all, food (smoked turkey and the like), games and genral friendly B.S. Still, All weekend long , WHOOSH, everytime we flushed. It's kinda funny and maybe not a big deal, but not what I'm used to. Everything with this unit was perfect except for, WHOOSH. Is there supposed to be a pressure reducer in this supply line or does Puma have a power flush. I thought air at first, but after being purged, a pressure line does not suck air in. All the other supply lines were fine. I even purged the outside shower to make sure.
Anyway, I love this new unit and think it is a great bang for the buck and I have had HUGE compliments from friends and family in their higher end units. The big thing was after hosting the 15th annual Labor Day camp out, Mrs. Kilowatt was the envy with her rear kitchen Puma. With those kind of bonus points maybe I can handle the WHOOSH.

Kilowattkid
Old 09-06-2007, 07:43 AM   #2
RAC

Kilo:

I have a pressure regulator attached to my hose. It is set at 45psi. You will find that most campgrounds you run across are on wells. During the day when water usage is up, you never see too many water pressure problems. At night, when water usage is low, pressures can get pretty darn high. After I connect my water line, I run the outdoor shower, which is the lowest source of water I have and then the galley sink, the highest source, and this pretty much eliminates MOST of the air in the lines, so when I do run other things like the shower or the toilet, air is at a minimum and usually one or two flushes and it's gone.
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:33 AM   #3

I think the Whoosh adds character.
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:34 AM   #4

I should have clarified that I was running water out of my fresh tank with the pump and not using campground water. I do have a regualtor for the full hook-up stuff.
Kilowattkid
Old 09-06-2007, 11:37 AM   #5
RAC

sounds like the pump's sucking air.
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:10 PM   #6

I am looking into that as while I add a winterizing kit to it.
But, I would think that I would be getting this air into all the lines, especially the kitchen area as it is the highest point ( I think the air would rise?). after the install of this kit it may go away, but it just seemed odd that this was the only line with a problem.
If I find it I will let everyone know. But we still had a GREAT weekend and I love this camper.
Kilowattkid

P.S. My buddy with the Crossrads that had the axle problem got it fixed within a week and was there. Lippert axle had no problem in repairing it for Crossroads. After reading up on this, we are supposed to check the torque setting on these every 6000 miles or 6 months !?

Tags
palomino