Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2018, 05:48 PM   #1

New fifth wheel

Guys,
Need some advice. I am a full timer and wife is wanting to travel with me for work so I am leaving my 29re silverback and looking to go larger. I am a 2x Cedar Creek owner and been very satisfied with them. However my wife and I can only agree on so far on the floor plan of a gently used 2018 palomino Columbus 383fb. Needing input on the quality and durability of this unit. I am soon to retire and don’t want to be pouring money on repairs. Looking for the good the bad and the ugly on this future home. Help me out folks and thanks.
JimTracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 08:32 PM   #2
Now a "Top Member"

Can't offer much on the quality of the Columbus, though I've heard good things about them. That's a pretty big jump, though your Silverback is no small one either. Be sure you have enough truck for it. I'm guessing you probably do.

By the way, that Columbus has a pretty neat layout.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTracy View Post
Guys,
Need some advice. I am a full timer and wife is wanting to travel with me for work so I am leaving my 29re silverback and looking to go larger. I am a 2x Cedar Creek owner and been very satisfied with them. However my wife and I can only agree on so far on the floor plan of a gently used 2018 palomino Columbus 383fb. Needing input on the quality and durability of this unit. I am soon to retire and don’t want to be pouring money on repairs. Looking for the good the bad and the ugly on this future home. Help me out folks and thanks.
My wife and I have a 2015 Columbus 320rs.5th wheel, full timed in it for four years. Had initial issue with "soft floor", had factory repair. After that we have had no real issues. Great floor plan. Would recommend favorably.
mitchwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:59 AM   #4

The Columbus is a fine unit but do not know many that full time in one. What is your current tow vehicle as that might shed more info on what you can tow. I would look at the Cedar Creek Champagne or any of the River Stone line. The River Stone 39RKFB even offers a desk in it incase the wife would need one for her work. Good luck on your search
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 11:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTracy View Post
Guys,

Love the rear kitchen Columbus, very nice for the money and pulls great. No big problems with my 2016 model. Not full time but use it 30 to 40 days a year for the past 4 years.
Osud320 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifth wheel, wheel