Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfinaddict
Way to go Cuttingchief, green with envy. We just finished with our adds, we added second ac unit, wood plank floor appearance, slide toppers, kitchen fantastic fan, trump matress and six way auto leveling. The show unit was allready pretty well decked out with bike rack both tv's fire place, theater seating etc. I asked the dealer about a time frame but he had no idea, said they sold 10 units at Houston show "wow". Glad to here how well it is towing for you. What are you using for tow vehicle? We are currently shopping for 1 ton dually. Oh! What was the trick with your two ac units?

JJ & RJ
Texas
I have a 1ton Dodge Laramie Longhorn that color matches.If you get to push button happy with the thermos stat it will stick on you.Let it think and complete it's request.Had to disconnect it and let it reset that's all.
Cuttinchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imacajunme
I just came across the Columbus today...we've been looking at new RV's for the past five or six years. Haven't found one until now that has everything we want in it. This new Columbus looks like "the one"! One question please...is the washer and dryer an all in one or separate. This will be the deciding factor. Thank you in advance!
The Cajuns
They are separates stacked. You don't want the all in one.They are not real efficient
Old 02-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Station
I didn't order the washer/dryer.......
I did I have all the bells and whistles.Leveling fans floor etc.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttinchief View Post
I think our date to pick up is 8-9 March......... I can't wait. Have purchased a few things to make it ours!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #25

I would like to know if anyone has seen the F365RL? It is listed in the floor plans but to my knowledge no one has this unit
brw549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttinchief

Bought the extreme ax 3000p inverter actually bought 2 of them. Didn't like the outlets on the parallel box.Had to by a 25.00 plug to convert to the 30 amp plug. I then bought a cheater box plug to combine my 20 amp and 30 amp plug on the box. I will plug my 50 amp RV plug into my parallel box for 50 amps of device when boon docking. I hooked my extreme 3000p's for the first time. I added gas and turned the keys and they started right up and purred real quiet.Very Pleased
Old 02-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #27

Quote:
Way to go Cuttingchief, green with envy. We just finished with our adds, we added second ac unit, wood plank floor appearance, slide toppers, kitchen fantastic fan, trump matress and six way auto leveling. The show unit was allready pretty well decked out with bike rack both tv's fire place, theater seating etc. I asked the dealer about a time frame but he had no idea, said they sold 10 units at Houston show "wow". Glad to here how well it is towing for you. What are you using for tow vehicle? We are currently shopping for 1 ton dually. Oh! What was the trick with your two ac units?

JJ & RJ
Texas
I pull with a new 1on Dodge cummins Laramie Longhorn dually 2012 that matches the Columbus in color
Old 02-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #28

How would you describe the noise level from the extreme max compared to the honda's and yamaha's?
We ordered a F350 CC 6.7 dually the golden bronze metalic would have been a great match to the cream Columbus, but I loved the autumn red.
redfinaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #29

Quote:
How would you describe the noise level from the extreme max compared to the honda's and yamaha's?
We ordered a F350 CC 6.7 dually the golden bronze metalic would have been a great match to the cream Columbus, but I loved the autumn red.
I really don't know but it is quiet enough to talk normally next to 2 of them running.They are 2800w each so if you are running both A/C you will need the whole 5600w. The cost was one factor in my choice
Old 02-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #30

Anyone get news that the Columbus would only come with 3 propane tanks instead of the 4. Dealer states Indiana would not allow the 4, something to do with codes about transporting that much.
trudy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudy66
Anyone get news that the Columbus would only come with 3 propane tanks instead of the 4. Dealer states Indiana would not allow the 4, something to do with codes about transporting that much.
Had not heard I already have my 4 and ready to go. Maybe they just won't let them transport full?
Old 02-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #32

Trudy.. I got that call last week. Only 3 tanks shipping with FW. We pick ours up 8-9 March!!!

Old 02-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #33

Cuttinchief.......Just curious, is the gas stove top and gas oven electronic ignition
or is it a standing pilot light.

Thanks for the response about the LP tanks, just checking that out.
Also, will we be able to add a 4th LP tank after delivery or will it not be made to
accept a 4th tank.
trudy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudy66
Cuttinchief.......Just curious, is the gas stove top and gas oven electronic ignition
or is it a standing pilot light.

Thanks for the response about the LP tanks, just checking that out.
Also, will we be able to add a 4th LP tank after delivery or will it not be made to
accept a 4th tank.
I would think it's a shipping deal but really don't know, I can't see a change in mid stream of production sounds a little funny to me. Could be a misunderstanding.Stove I believe is electronic but the oven is standing pilot.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by amxpress
Though the RV show in Greensboro was a bust, I did find something I really liked. A new line of fivers by Palomino called Columbus. They're a high profile fiver, a level above their Sabre. The Beauflor floor covers the complete living & kitchen area, except for the slides. They all have 60"X30" showers (huge). King bed options. Microwave/convection ovens and still has a gas oven/range. Upgraded cherry cabinets. A bunch of bells & whistles. A real Queen size sleeper sofa. Nice looking interiors. Good fit & finish. According to the sticker on the door, the F320-RS wieghs in at 10,500#. DW wants to look at one. Uh oh....
There are pictures of the other model of the Columbus out.I like the 320 the best.Not a fan of the fixed counter and the layout of the living room.It comes with an outdoor kitchen but similar to the 320. I think the best of the lot is the 320
Old 02-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #36

I too fell in love with the Columbus 320. My closest dealer is about 100 mi. away but we will schedule a trip to re-visit one to make sure it's the one for us. I talked to the dealer on the phone and he told me of a couple of changes to the new model. One was the availability of the 12 cu.ft. fridge. Another was supposedly the movable island will be fixed. I hope he is right on both counts.
fivergeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivergeezer
I too fell in love with the Columbus 320. My closest dealer is about 100 mi. away but we will schedule a trip to re-visit one to make sure it's the one for us. I talked to the dealer on the phone and he told me of a couple of changes to the new model. One was the availability of the 12 cu.ft. fridge. Another was supposedly the movable island will be fixed. I hope he is right on both counts.
I actually like the moveable island, it allows for different setting arrangement.I would have liked a bigger fridge.The fixed island let's me create the setting when we have comany
Old 02-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #38

Just found out my 320RS goes on line Monday, March 5th and should be off line on the 8th.
Got reservations at Willow Tree RV Resort on the 16th, think I'll make it with the Columbus?
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by amxpress View Post
Just found out my 320RS goes on line Monday, March 5th and should be off line on the 8th.
Got reservations at Willow Tree RV Resort on the 16th, think I'll make it with the Columbus?
Check your wheaties...... ours went online on Feb 20th off by the 25th and still sitting in Indiana!!!! I am HOPING for delivery to St Louis by March 5th for a mar 8th PDI!!!

Old 03-27-2012, 05:43 AM   #40
"On the road again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudy66 View Post
We were told ahead of time that ours would come with only three tanks, but that we could add the fourth. The excuse given was FEDERAL transportation regulations prohibited it from shipping with 4 tanks.

HOWEVER...upon arrival, it's got two tanks on a slide-out on the door (passenger's) side and only one in a fixed position...with no room for another on the back side.

I was disappointed in not having that extra 20 pounds, but...it's still equivalent to two BIG, HEAVY and HARD TO HANDLE bottles in a easier-to-handle arrangement.

The stove does have an auto-spark to light on the burners, the oven requires lighting a pilot. But the one time we've been out it was a breeze to light (unlike our Sandpiper).

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote