Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #1

New tank monitor system

I am going to be adding a See Level tank monitor system to my 320RS. The OE system is minimal at best. I am wondering is anyone has pulled off the underbelly sheeting to expose the fresh and waste tanks?

I am pretty sure that the tanks are all going to be in the front part of the frame. Can anyone verify this? With no diagrams available for the layout of the rig, it is all guess work.

Thanks, Sarge
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Not sure about the Palamino, but the Flagstaff/Rockwood 5th wheels have the tanks in the very front of the frame.

Please let us know how the install goes. In my experience (I dropped mine to replace sensors), do not pick a windy day!

Once you see where your stuff is located (valves and sensors), I recommend cutting some access hatches so you don't have to drop the entire thing if you need to access the valve or the sensor wiring.

I have seen this done from the top (though the floor), but I don't recommend it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0910091059.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	33840   Click image for larger version

Name:	Belly Hatch.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	33841  
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #3

Thanks Lou, I will take pics along the way and post up when I get it done. I have installed the system on two other RV's (motorhomes) so I am familiar with how it goes. The biggest trick is always getting to the tanks to apply the sensors.

I will most likely be able to reuse the existing wiring for the OEM sensors. Just getting that underbelly off and on will be the adventure.
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote