Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2010, 07:05 AM   #1

No AC

First off Hi all, I just picked up an 09 a Palimino Thoroughbred 26' bunkhouse yesterday and the air conditioner quit. When you move the thermostat the unit just clicks in the ceiling, not to worried about it will just take back to the dealer unless someone might know whats wrong.
Does any one know where the fuse/breaker panel is if there is any?

Bob
roadwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwizard View Post
First off Hi all, I just picked up an 09 a Palimino Thoroughbred 26' bunkhouse yesterday and the air conditioner quit. When you move the thermostat the unit just clicks in the ceiling, not to worried about it will just take back to the dealer unless someone might know whats wrong.
Does any one know where the fuse/breaker panel is if there is any?

Bob
Hi and welcome Bob.
I can only guess with the little inofrmation you gave about your AC not working.

1. Are you sure you have shore power? You can verify this by checking if your microwave works.

2. Have you looked at the circuit breaker panel and turned off and back on the AC Breaker? Sometimes it may trip and look like it is on but really in the mid position which is tripped. You MUST then turn it OFF then Backon to reset.

3. Do you have battery power? I think you do because the click you hear is the 12 volt thermostat relay telling the AC to turn on.

Here is a picture of my electrical panel open. It is located below the refrigerator. Just puch the door and it will flop open. See my breaker marked AC. You may have a 20Amp just like it. Check.

Hope this helps or at least a starting point for you.
Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	3343  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:25 PM   #3

Thanks for the help Iggy it was the breaker after I found the breaker panel, it was tripped probably because I was playing with it. Every thing is great now got tthe AC, DVD working and the emergency break off cable fixed

Bob Palmer
roadwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwizard View Post
Thanks for the help Iggy it was the breaker after I found the breaker panel, it was tripped probably because I was playing with it. Every thing is great now got tthe AC, DVD working and the emergency break off cable fixed

Bob Palmer

GREAT! I always like to hear good news.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #5

and always like to hear that it was just a simple fix!!!!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:36 PM   #6
Jan Goldfield

Ya know, this could be in the newbies thread. I had to ask the same question starting with "where are the breakers?" the second day I got the RV home. Maybe a simple 1) photo of breakers; 2)where are they; 3) check your house current; 4) 30 amp explained.

2009 Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH
2009 Ford 150
pondlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondlady View Post
Ya know, this could be in the newbies thread. I had to ask the same question starting with "where are the breakers?" the second day I got the RV home. Maybe a simple 1) photo of breakers; 2)where are they; 3) check your house current; 4) 30 amp explained.
I think you also practiced backing up into the driveway if I'm not mistaken.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #8
Jan Goldfield

I sure did. Over and over and over again. On the hottest day of the year. Now I have figured out how to turn around in the yard and make an easy turn backward into the driveway, AND that I can back up to our waste treatment plant in the yard for black water dumping.

I have the TV system figured out. Now I have to try it. TV was not first on my list of things to learn. I have also found a video about how to hook up sway bars and the WDH. Got the fridge working properly, can't quite try the furnace yet when the outside temps are in the 90's.
And look at me. I have learned some initials. How 'bout that!
Oh, and I have removed the dinette and the couch and replaced them with two recliners and a small table.

2009 Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH
2009 Ford 150
pondlady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
palomino