Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #41

Update.
Factory tour is postponed until next Tues. Our dealer called this morning with the news that the prototype wasn't complete. The good news is there will be 2 bunkhouse models to look at next week.
I was concerned that this would put our order back a week, but he assures me it won't. Guess I better learn to be patient - not my strong suit!
Jo54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:33 AM   #42
"On the road again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo54 View Post
Who has ordered the toppers for the sliders and what was your rationale? We are on the fence. The fifth wheel will be at our seasonal site with slides out the entire season. We are not there all the time in the event of high winds. Should this be a concern?
Any other advice as to options would be appreciated.Thanks - so enjoy all the info available on this forums. It is "real world"!
Ours also came with the Voyager package which is a "required option". While we had our Columbus out this past weekend it rained almost the entire time with some wind. The great thing (besides keeping things off of the slides) was, it also kept the rain from hitting directly on top of them...just above our head. MUCH QUIETER than our previous 5th wheel during the rain. And - they look nice too.
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:36 AM   #43
"On the road again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth Station View Post
We received our "Old World" Tray today!!! Thank you to you and your wife!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I can't wait to make our Columbus ours!!!!
Felicia - glad you got your old world trays. I think they're just one more "touch of class" for a classy 5th wheel. You folks are probably like us - we lost our "guest bedroom" to all the shopping that went on for our new Columbus. The guest bedroom was pretty full of brown and blue (almost turquoise) rugs, blankets, dishes, etc. But...it looks great. Looking forward to a 10-day trip next month. The weekend was nice, but hopefully by then we can try out the A/C along with each and every little feature.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #44

Entirely too funny!!! We also have turquoise for the bathroom. I CANT wait to get ours........hopefully in the next 15-20 days. I have wall decor....table decor, rugs, towels, soap going to keep the bedroom in tans/chocolate

I will post facebook album link after it is all decorated!!!!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #45

It's here!!

Salesman called me this morning to inform me that my 320RS arrived earlier today. Unfortunately, we can't make it over to pick it up until next Friday.
Should give them enough time to check it over, gas up the tanks, install the Max Air vent, wash & wax it, etc, etc, etc...
In the mean time, we're heading off to Willow Tree RV resort this weekend for our fare well voyage in our Sabre.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #46

Yeah Amxpress....................... Have fun!!!

Old 03-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #47

Congratulations Amxpress, enjoy!!
Ours went online on the 8th and was supposed to ship out today. Dealer
told us next Tuesday or Wednesday. We are so ready.
trudy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #48
"On the road again"

Enjoy your last trek with the Sabre amxpress - we had to wait almost a week to pick up ours, but it just made it sweeter once we stepped into it knowing it was OURS, not some demo model.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
Old 03-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #49

oh but I can't wait!!!! maybe 2 weeks!!!!

Old 03-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #50

320rs & 3/4 ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet View Post
Enjoy your last trek with the Sabre amxpress - we had to wait almost a week to pick up ours, but it just made it sweeter once we stepped into it knowing it was OURS, not some demo model.
Noticed that you are going to be pulling "your" 320rs with a 3/4 ton. Would you do me a favor and let me know how well that truck handles that trailer when it is full. I am retiring for good this year and have been looking at both a Big Country and Columbus including the new 365. For either of those I am going to have to go the dually route which I'm not real thrilled about. With the 320rs at gross weight its close to the limit on a 3/4t 4X4 which is what I perfer. Anyhow if you could let me know your observations I would greatly appreciate it. Live just up the road from you by FTW.
wanderer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #51

Quote:
Noticed that you are going to be pulling "your" 320rs with a 3/4 ton. Would you do me a favor and let me know how well that truck handles that trailer when it is full.
I put a lot of thought in going with the 320RS behind my 2500 RAM. I will keep it below the maximum weights as I know what I carry now.
I feel comfortable with towing the larger trailer because I know how my RAM handles my Sabre.
I'll report back after picking it up next weekend.
Right now, I've got a date in my recliner sitting out under my awning enjoying the beautiful weather and sites at Willow Tree RV resort.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #52

Congrats!!! to both Amexpress and rjshiflet... Don't think we could stand to wait another week knowing it was at the dealer. I admire your patience. Same goes to Earthstation, I know you will be watching the weather when it gets closer to your delivery time. Sorry to hear about the hail damage to previous order, hope all goes well this time! We are waiting to get a build date from our dealer but are only at 5 weeks since ordering.
Spare bedroom is starting to fill up. Hee Hee!
redfinaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #53
"On the road again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer69 View Post
Noticed that you are going to be pulling "your" 320rs with a 3/4 ton. Would you do me a favor and let me know how well that truck handles that trailer when it is full. I am retiring for good this year and have been looking at both a Big Country and Columbus including the new 365. For either of those I am going to have to go the dually route which I'm not real thrilled about. With the 320rs at gross weight its close to the limit on a 3/4t 4X4 which is what I perfer. Anyhow if you could let me know your observations I would greatly appreciate it. Live just up the road from you by FTW.
We've just pulled it home from the dealership (about 40 miles) and on the trip last weekend (about 70 miles each way) and it pulled like a dream. Our Ford F250 has the "tow-haul" setting that I'm sure all Fords do and it never strained in the least. The gross vehicle weight for the 320RS is just a hair over 14,000 and the F250 4x4 is rated to 15,300. However...I've had multiple Ford tech guys assure me that is a VERY CONSERVATIVE number. I wouldn't want to test that theory - but, we've pulled a Sandpiper 5th wheel for the past 6 years and the GVW on that was 14,200 and never a problem.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle

Tags
320rs