Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
Missing Link

Ordered Puma 2014 30DBSS trading 30KDB

Dealer said 5-6 weeks which would be nice but I'm not holding my breath. Any way last spring we bought a left over 2012 puma 30kdb with outside kitchen. Love the floor plan but there was a few things we didn't like mainly cabinet layout, fabric pattern and light colored wood. Well it was like they listened to us and changed everything we didn't like on the 2014 dbss which is same floor plan as kdb.

Well a couple weeks ago mother nature hooked us up with a nice hail storm causing $7700 in damage. So now we can get same floor plan that we love with all the new features and options we want including dark cherry wood and fiberglass front cap. Between trade and check we are into this one cheaper than the first.

All these years I've been calling mother nature a variety of names and come to find out she's not such a bad lady.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclepuck View Post
Dealer said 5-6 weeks which would be nice but I'm not holding my breath. Any way last spring we bought a left over 2012 puma 30kdb with outside kitchen. Love the floor plan but there was a few things we didn't like mainly cabinet layout, fabric pattern and light colored wood. Well it was like they listened to us and changed everything we didn't like on the 2014 dbss which is same floor plan as kdb.

Well a couple weeks ago mother nature hooked us up with a nice hail storm causing $7700 in damage. So now we can get same floor plan that we love with all the new features and options we want including dark cherry wood and fiberglass front cap. Between trade and check we are into this one cheaper than the first.

All these years I've been calling mother nature a variety of names and come to find out she's not such a bad lady.
Where do you live that you got nailed with thos bad weather?

Days Camping 2013: Lost Count
2014: 8 Nights and counting
Soko179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #3
Missing Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soko179 View Post

Where do you live that you got nailed with thos bad weather?
I'm in Michigan. Worst hail I seen in my 36 yrs here and the hail wasn't but the size of a quarter but it was being driving by 50-60 mph winds and the aluminum exterior didn't like that. Looks like it was parked out in a driving range for a couple days. When I took it in for the estimate the dealer said i was the 43rd estimate since the storm. If your looking for a new rv come to mid Michigan for some good prices on hail damaged units.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
Oklahoma Proud

Glad you got lucky with your trailer. Our 5er was at dealer in Moore Ok (getting warranty work done) when the storms went thru in may. Finnaly got the ins. Check yesterday from them totalling it from hail-$19+k in dammage they said. Probably going to come pick it up next week.
-like you said the 2014s have some nice color features.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote