Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2011, 12:52 PM   #1

Palomino or Sabre Warranty and Quality?

Good morning,
I've heard numerous times that the Palomino Sabre 5th wheels are the best bang for the buck. My coworker has one and loves it... I bought one and am quite impressed inside my unit. I definately notice the quality inside versus my previous travel trailer. However, when I took delivery of my unit at the Montana/Alberta border (via RV Wholesalers), I noticed that I had no brakes (or at least only about 20% braking power). I immediately notified RVW and they started a file for me. I found a local service company that a ForestRiver dealership recommended (the dealership was booked solid through July and this issue arose June 18th). Bad connections in the junction box, multiple wiring splices with different gauge wires, a few wires pinched... and finally 3volts at my brakes (should be 12v). Furthermore, hammered in grease caps caused excessive leaking within the wheel assembly and undersized magnets coated in grease. No wonder I have no brakes! Anyhow, I'm just starting the warranty process and am $1,700 out of pocket until I have the work approved by Forest River. RVW has been good keeping in constant communication with me throughout the process thus far... I'm nervous though with a sizeable bill on hand... and waiting for Forest River to respond.

Has anyone had some good or bad experiences with Forest River/Palomino warranty issues recently? What kinds of problems were the cause of the warranty work? Anyone with recent Sabre 5th wheel issues? Coincidentally, I noticed a number of electrical and brake issues with Sabres in early 2011 and am curious if the Palomino factory has some poorer trades people on staff handling electrical and wheel assemblies. Having said that, once this issue is resolved... I do think I will have a very good quality product in a Sabre 5th wheel (fingers crossed).
dbryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:57 PM   #2

I also replied in another post, so...
I've had my 31RKTS for 3 1/2 years. For the most part, I've had only a couple minor issues. However, when I needed assitance or had questions or comments,
I went to their website's "Contact us" section and wrote them directly. I always got a quick & helpful response. Best of luck.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote