Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2016, 01:10 PM   #1

Palomino Puma: Anybody have one?

We have purchased a slightly used 2015 Puma, 26 footer. It is super clean we loved the floorplan, and the price seemed fair. We are going to pick it up this Wed. morning, and spend a couple of nights camped out across the street from the dealer. Kind of a breakin campout.
I do not see much mention of any of the Palomino line of TT's here on the forum. Just wondered if there were other owners here, and if so, how has your experience been with this brand of trailer.
Jeff
mowingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 05:02 PM   #2

We have a 2015 Puma 29RBKS. Bought it last year. Have camped in it about 4 times. Wish it were more but the wife does not have as many weekends off as we were hoping. Like our TT a lot. No problems to report yet. Pull with a 2013 Ram 5.7 Hemi 4X4. Changed our tires from stock Wranglers to 10 ply Coopers. Keep them at 80 pounds and have added air lift helper springs and an E2 WDH. Had a Rockwood Freedom pop up for 5 years. Got tired of setting up and taking down and having to open back up if it was not completely dry. We don't cook inside ours. Trying to keep it smelling new as long as we can. Congrats on your purchase.
Hugeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 05:27 PM   #3

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear it has been trouble free so far. Ours is a 2015 Puma 26RLSS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugeez View Post
We have a 2015 Puma 29RBKS. Bought it last year. Have camped in it about 4 times. Wish it were more but the wife does not have as many weekends off as we were hoping. Like our TT a lot. No problems to report yet. Pull with a 2013 Ram 5.7 Hemi 4X4. Changed our tires from stock Wranglers to 10 ply Coopers. Keep them at 80 pounds and have added air lift helper springs and an E2 WDH. Had a Rockwood Freedom pop up for 5 years. Got tired of setting up and taking down and having to open back up if it was not completely dry. We don't cook inside ours. Trying to keep it smelling new as long as we can. Congrats on your purchase.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowingman View Post
We have purchased a slightly used 2015 Puma, 26 footer. It is super clean we loved the floorplan, and the price seemed fair. We are going to pick it up this Wed. morning, and spend a couple of nights camped out across the street from the dealer. Kind of a breakin campout.
I do not see much mention of any of the Palomino line of TT's here on the forum. Just wondered if there were other owners here, and if so, how has your experience been with this brand of trailer.
Jeff
Just bought a 2017 5th wheel 298fqu. 30 ft, Toy hauler. Been out 4 nights. 1st trailer so hoping its a keeper. Dodge Ram 2500 pulling it. Enjoy!
Rodical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:43 PM   #5

I had a 2011 30kfbds. Good price, loved the floor plan. More problems than I expected. Crooked axles, slide motor stayed engaged melting most wires, tub cracked, and on and on. It went back to the factory and I will admit, they made everything right and added quite a few upgrades for my trouble. I've since moved to a Rockwood and it's been trouble free. All in all you should enjoy your camper and take it one weekend at a time

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:02 PM   #6

puma owner reply

Seal your entry door all around the outside take it from me you will not fine leak until too late. Check slide around bottom edges mine soaked up rain water on both ends molding did not cover floor of slide and now needs replaced. I have also replaced my wfco converter hopefully you have a good one, like progressive. Few problems but nothing like getting away in your own camper.
mark239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 01:19 PM   #7

Smile

Congratulations on your purchase. We have a Puma 25RBSS that we purchased in 2011 new. It has been a great camper. We were seasonal campers with it for 4 years and would pull it out for a couple of times each summer. This year we are back on the road checking out new sights. I have not had any problems with it even when we were using it every weekend for 6 months. The only time I have taken it in to the dealers is for bearing re-packs and yearly inspections. I hope you have the same luck as we have had with ours. Enjoy
mbeldue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:05 PM   #8

2008 Puma 27SL

I bought this new in 2008 and have been the single owner. It is a solid reliable unit. The few problems I have had were minor and I have been able to repair myself. The dealership, 1,500 miles away, has been wonderful. We traveled the perimeter of the US and numerous trip in the West.

Hope you have the same good results I experienced.
Joegoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 04:00 PM   #9

Wife and I bought a new 2015 Puma 32DBKS. Only real issues was the shower enclosure leaked, fixed that with caulk. The other MAJOR problem was the refrigerator. The refrigerator is on the kitchen slide and because of that there was not enough air circulation so the refrigerator would only cool down to 55 degrees (freezer worked perfectly 4 degrees). Took a while to have it fixed. FR pointed their fingers at Dometic and vic-a-versa. Finally FR paid to have a fan kit installed, wasn't enough as the same symptoms occurred. So last year was a PITA when the outside temp hit 80+. This year over Memorial Day weekend the temps hit 85+, so I rigged up a small clip on fan and the refrigerator temp dropped to 36 degrees. So, back to the dealer (Dometic 2652 refrigerator has 2 year warrantee) and told the dealer my experience with the fan and they agreed it needed a 2nd fan. They called both FR and Dometic, this time Dometic paid for the fan. I pick it up tomorrow, I will see if they fixed it.

Other than the shower and refrigerator we are happy and LOVE the floor plan which is why we bought it. Tow it with a 2005 Ford Excursion 4x4 with 6.0 liter turbo diesel. Good luck and have fun with your new trailer!!!
2005 Ford Excursion 6 liter Turbo Diesel
Bilcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:06 PM   #10

We have a 2012 Puma Unleashed 5th wheel toy hauler and we love it. Bought it new when the 2013s were coming out. We love it and any issues our dealer took care of without a blink of an eye. The only issue we have had is getting power into the camper while we are loading up for the trip. Seems when we plug into the house we blow the GFI and have to replace it, so we are going to put in a 30 amp plug to alleviate that problem. Have fun and enjoy!
Lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:23 PM   #11

My 2017 has lots of silicon sealant around everything. What's the longevity of this? Does not seem like I will have any issues soon, but down the road?
Old 06-13-2016, 10:35 PM   #12

I appreciate all the replies, and am making notes. We are headed out tomorrow evening, and will be at the dealers to pick it up on Wed. morning. Can't wait to get it set up Wed. evening and begin our RV adventures.
Jeff
Old 06-13-2016, 10:57 PM   #13

Have fun.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:02 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowingman View Post
I appreciate all the replies, and am making notes. We are headed out tomorrow evening, and will be at the dealers to pick it up on Wed. morning. Can't wait to get it set up Wed. evening and begin our RV adventures.
Jeff
What model are you buying?
2005 Ford Excursion 6 liter Turbo Diesel
Bilcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:43 AM   #15

It is a 2015 Puma 26RLSS, bumper pull.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilcin View Post
What model are you buying?
Old 06-14-2016, 02:22 PM   #16

Palomino Puma 253fbs

Bought new in 2013 and had a leak in the bathroom sink plumbing. Dealer fixed it , no problems since. We stay a minimum of 90 nights a year in it with a large dog. We just love it. Everything is convenient to use and works the way it should. Will buy another! One complaint, the fresh water fill is on the passenger side. Would be much more convenient on drivers side!
earnhoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:31 PM   #17

I had a 2013 Puma 23FB and just upgraded to a 2017 Puma 24FBS. The 23FB was a great trailer for 4 seasons. Only had one issue with it. The oven needed a new thermocouple. Only upgraded to the 24FBS because I wanted a slide for more room and I love the new decor on the 2016/2017's. I have only used the one a couple time but only a few small issues but nothing major. Had to connect the wires to 2 speakers that they didn't connect at the factory. Water heater wouldn't work on electric but worked on gas. Again, a couple wires were not connected. Dealer fixed that immediately. I also found 2 neutral wires under the frame that weren't grounded to the frame so the dealer gave me the tapping screw to connect them.

I am very pleased with the Puma's and would recommend them to anyone looking for a nice, inexpensive travel trailer.

Congrats and Enjoy!
CPB1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 03:10 PM   #18

Pumas in my opinion are the most bang for the buck and overall great trailers.

You do not hear much about them as major problems are rare..........

We owned a 2006 Puma Fifth wheel and now a 2013 (early model) Puma Unleashed Fifth wheel both relative trouble free............ only very minor issues.......... Wish our old Terry's were as good.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 09:11 PM   #19

We too had a 2014 Puma 23FB, my wife and I knew it was the one the second we stepped in her at the Dealer. We loved it, used her on 16 trips in 20 months, never had one issue or problem. We liked the Palomino product so much that in February we went full time and bought the Palomino Columbus 381FL. I highly recommend them both to anyone in the market.
Sparks Full Timers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:39 AM   #20

2010 Puma 253-FBS
Purchased a used Puma 5th-wheel last year and loved it. Finally found a camper that had drawers in the wardrobe. The only complaint that I have is there isn't a heat duct in the bathroom.
cgotto1204 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
palomino, puma