Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2017, 10:53 AM   #1

Palomino Travel Trailer-Newbie

New to us 2014 Palomino Travel Trailer 30 RKSS. We went from a Sunseeker to the Palomino because we wanted more living space. We are getting it ready for a shake down trip and I have some questions.

1. When the slide is in we cannot access the refrigerator. I am ok with that as we have access to bedroom and bath (will bring water in jugs to flush etc.). How do you know if your refrigerator is actually working and keeping things cold when you don't have access to power?

We love all the other features of this travel trailer. Never gave this a thought when purchasing but now that we are planning trips it makes me wonder.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
2018 297 RSK Primetime Crusader
The Mustard Seed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:20 AM   #2

Not sure what your question "access to power" unless you have a residential style frig yours should run on propane as long as you have 12V available. If you do have a residential style then make sure your batteries are charged and the inverter is on. I guess you could put a wireless temperature meter in the frig
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:23 AM   #3
Site Team

If you don't have a residential fridge, most of us simply run the fridge on propane, while traveling.
I've been doing it for over 10 years.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:41 AM   #4

Still Learning

Thank you for the replies. We know the refrigerator will run off the propane. What took us a while was a way to make sure it was actually cooling while we were on the road. We didn't have access to the refrigerator when the slide was in and the way the free standing table was positioned. Hubby and I stood and just looked for awhile and then turned the table from horizontal to vertical....duh, problem solved. Like I said, we are new to the travel trailer and so far we love the lay out of this trailer for the two of us and 2 fur babies. After our initial shake down trip which will be at Evergreen Acres in Mt. Eaton Ohio we then plan to take a trip out west later this year. If you ever get in the area please check out Evergreen Acres it is a beautiful campground and we have met many FROG's there.

Thanks again for your help and I am sure I will be back with more stupid questions.

Safe travels.
2018 297 RSK Primetime Crusader
The Mustard Seed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, palomino, trailer, travel, travel trailer