Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2014, 09:18 AM   #1

Palomino's "Contact Us"

I sent a question to Palomino's "contact us" section & received no response. 3 days later I sent a second email asking the same question - no response. About a week later I sent an email with a 2nd question & also asked why it took them longer to update a web site with the new changes than it did to put them into production - no response.

The kind folks on this forum answered my questions so I forgot about my emails for a few days. I began to think about the emails & how their customer svc was so poor. I sent another email, stating that I had ordered a 320RS & was very dissatisfied with their customer svc. I stated if their cust svc was this bad when they only had my deposit, I wondered how bad it would become when they had all the money. I informed them that you had answered my questions, their site was way overdue for an update, & if I didn't get a response by the time my unit arrived, I would not accept it & would ask for a refund.

I posted the email about 10:00 PM. I received a phone call the next morning around 9:00 AM. Boy was I surprised. The guy calling had been contacted by someone else. He was the factory rep for my area. I told him it wasn't his fault & asked why they had the contact section & never responded to contacts. He was very nice but couldn't answer. I said "well, at least I know they read some of them. When you say you aren't buying, they act quick." He apologized again.

Anyone else try the "contact us" section? If so, did someone repspond to your email, or did you get a call?

PS: We want to do a plant tour so he gave me his TN & said he would be the guide.
Goukcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:52 AM   #2

I tried that also and had the same issue. I called the factory directly and talked to Jimmy. He was awesome. I now have called them twice and have gotten a great response both times. My guess would be the technology hasn't caught up with them yet. I would much rather deal with someone over the phone anyway.
whitmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:53 AM   #3

Yup, I tried the "contact us" feature asking a question about when 2015's might be arriving. I sent that about 3 weeks ago. Still waiting for a response. Maybe I'll try your approach and see if I get a call as well. I agree, doesn't give me a warm fuzzy about their customer service.
IllinoisCheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:01 AM   #4

Make the call. You may have to leave a voice message but someone will get back to you.
whitmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #5

I did make 2 calls to Palomino & was very pleased with the responses. There was nothing urgent about my questions so I thought I would allow them to answer at their convenience.

I was just surprised. This company doesn't sell $1.00 nuts & bolts. We customers average spending a good amount of money for each purchase. I worked at corporate for a very large company so I couldn't believe they would have such a disconnect for a long period of time. I guess we really never do get too old to learn new things....
Goukcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:53 AM   #6

If they are not going to monitor the conact us page, then they should go to a 'live chat' type of contact that many companies have... Means manpower, but means sales as well.
Nights camped 2015 - 46
Nights camped 2016 - 43
Nights camped 2017 - 2
5 hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:23 PM   #7

I did twice back in October under the "parts" radio button and received responses both times within 24 hours.
Maybe they need to validate that the radio button is working/routing properly?
2011 Chevy Traverse (traded 2018)
2014 Solaire 147X (traded 2019)
RamsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:46 PM   #8

I took me three emails through the contact us to get one of the 4 questions I asked answered. I responded asking for answers to the other three and still have not heard... Their "interweb" presence is not great. Now, if you pick up the phone, you can get answers.
Fiver: '15 Puma 295BHSS Anniversary Edition
Past TV: '13 F150 HD Payload SCrew EB, '08 Tundra CrewMax 5.7L, '02 'Burb 5.3L, '97 Dakota 3.9L
Past Trailers: '09 Wildwood LE 27RB, '02 Palomino Yearling RL, '87 Jayco 1006dlx
campingwilliamsons is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
palomino