Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2018, 12:34 PM   #1

Paneling and inside trim

So I bought a 2017 QSI 373 and its supose to be set up for motorcycles and UTV's. Well mine has a closet and refrigerator built in the far right section by the rear door. So no wat of getting my Can Am into the garage.

I have a wood working shop so I was wondering if anyone has bought paneling or trim from the stealer ) I was thinking of either taking out the fridge and making it a closet / out door storeage area where the door is to get to fridge.
Hollywoodgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:51 PM   #2
Always Learning

Ok, so here's the floorplan:

It sounds like you want to do what? Remove the pantry and fridge in the kitchen? Isn't the wall still in the way of loading your Can Am?

However, isn't the 12' garage long enough for the Spyder to fit in?

---

As for ordering panels + trim from the dealer, the problem usually isn't the cost of the item but of the cost of shipping. Someone else got a quote saying that a 9' piece of trim was $60 but $100 for freight shipping. Sometimes you can get the dealer to talk to the manufacturer to throw items inside of a unit on order - takes longer, but you beat the shipping cost.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:53 PM   #3

Back it in
2013 HARLEY TRI-GLIDE
danny4127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 01:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Ok, so here's the floorplan:

It sounds like you want to do what? Remove the pantry and fridge in the kitchen? Isn't the wall still in the way of loading your Can Am?

However, isn't the 12' garage long enough for the Spyder to fit in?

---

As for ordering panels + trim from the dealer, the problem usually isn't the cost of the item but of the cost of shipping. Someone else got a quote saying that a 9' piece of trim was $60 but $100 for freight shipping. Sometimes you can get the dealer to talk to the manufacturer to throw items inside of a unit on order - takes longer, but you beat the shipping cost.
Sorry The OHC in the garage has a turn table in it on the bottom with a fridge. You can spin it around to get the fridge outside. With the width of the Can Am you can pull far enough in I dont believe. so my plans were modifing the closet in garage to be more narrow.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:41 PM   #5
Always Learning

What does yours look like?

I see the upper cabinet in this picture but nothing below?
Old 04-05-2018, 02:13 PM   #6

Paneling and inside trim

It’s a garage. Dismantle cabinet. Most likely there is paneling behind the shelving. Just use the outside door as a pass through. Pictures would help.if it need new paneling I would sheet it with Luann tape the seam and paint the wall.

That would be easier than trying to match paneling and paying the high cost. With you being woodworker you problematical can make it so no one even will notice. You could always cover bottom with more diamond plate and keep cabinet on top.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:00 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
What does yours look like?

I see the upper cabinet in this picture but nothing below?
Yes that is mine but the cabinet goes to the ground and there is an outside door that you can swing the fridge from inside and swing it to the outside patio. Its a nice feature however i'm about 6" -8" shy of being able to get it inside. if it was like that no problem at all
Old 04-06-2018, 09:06 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
It’s a garage. Dismantle cabinet. Most likely there is paneling behind the shelving. Just use the outside door as a pass through. Pictures would help.if it need new paneling I would sheet it with Luann tape the seam and paint the wall.

That would be easier than trying to match paneling and paying the high cost. With you being woodworker you problematical can make it so no one even will notice. You could always cover bottom with more diamond plate and keep cabinet on top.

Tru dat and the seam over that dor way is F'd up. I have a wood working shop and not saying I'm Mr. Carbinet maker but as I sit hear reading his I could build a cabinet that strerches across the top and support in my a 2x4 pillars like making a doorway. I could keep my waxes etc barage stuff up that and even If I did it in a charcoal black stain it would look cool I think. On the door side I could narrow the cabinet and have access inside and out. Migtht be able to move the fridge back. If I make it out of like cedar it would be nice and light.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:12 AM   #9

Sound like your mind is working and it will look awesome.

People with my current trailer have done mods as far as cabinets, and they have worked out well.

Look under thread pimp my 26rr. Under the Cherokee toyhauler section, and check out the mods. I know yours is a different trailer but looking at others peoples work may give you ideas of how to do yours that you may have not thought about.

Good luck and post your progress with pics.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:16 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywoodgt View Post
Tru dat and the seam over that dor way is F'd up. I have a wood working shop and not saying I'm Mr. Carbinet maker but as I sit hear reading his I could build a cabinet that strerches across the top and support in my a 2x4 pillars like making a doorway. I could keep my waxes etc barage stuff up that and even If I did it in a charcoal black stain it would look cool I think. On the door side I could narrow the cabinet and have access inside and out. Migtht be able to move the fridge back. If I make it out of like cedar it would be nice and light.
As stated before. BACK IT IN.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:20 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
As stated before. BACK IT IN.
I have push plates fron and rear and 30" tires on mine. It might be possible that a the front end on each side curves in? Or I might be able to put the ass end on rollers and put it in on a angle