Old 04-30-2019, 03:18 PM   #1

Picked up our new Puma 32bhdb yesterday!

Well, the mad scramble is on!! Picked up our new Puma 32bhdb from the dealer yesterday. I had ordered it as a Christmas present for my 10 yr old twins and myself after 3 years of camping. Decided to pull the trigger and custom order exactly what we wanted. Should last us for many years to come. Unfortunately, now have only 3 days to get it re-stocked with items from the old camper for our maiden voyage this weekend!! This is also a great time to throw out items no longer needed, lol.

Just excited to get our 2019 camping season kicked off here in north central Indiana, as it's been a loooong winter!

Attached a couple pix of it hooked to my '07 Duramax that I took on the way home.

Anyways, hope everyone has a happy and safe 2019 season!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190429_172122.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	624.9 KB
ID:	203279   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190429_172200.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	601.9 KB
ID:	203280  

Old 04-30-2019, 03:22 PM   #2

Congrats on your 2019 Palomino Puma 32BHDB and enjoy your maiden voyage this weekend! That's one heck of a Christmas present.

Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 04:25 PM   #3

That looks great Dadwithtwins!

I'm still waiting to make my "welcome" post, but our new toy is very similar to yours. Enjoy the twins, and the new camper.
GXPWeasel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 05:28 PM   #4
Was

Congratulations! We have a Puma 28fqdb , it’s three years old now and have had only a few minor problems.
Was is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 06:14 PM   #5

Congratulations on your new trailer. The pics make it look like a really long, long, long, trailer LOL. Here's to many happy memories ahead!
Suru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 06:32 PM   #6

38 feet! Holy cow!
2005 Rockwood 2516G (Sold)
2018 Chevy 2500 6.0 / 4.10's
Anderson15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:33 PM   #7

I guess they were out of the long ones!!

Congrats
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 10:37 PM   #8

Thanks for the kind words! Yeah, it's a beast at over 38 feet, haha. Kids are getting to the age of wanting to bring their friends along camping, and my 70yr old mother likes to spend some weekends with us also, so having some personal space gets in more and more high demand!!

Wouldn't change it for nuthin' though...
Old 04-30-2019, 10:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suru View Post
Congratulations on your new trailer. The pics make it look like a really long, long, long, trailer LOL. Here's to many happy memories ahead!
Thanks! And no, the picture is accurate, haha.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Was View Post
Congratulations! We have a Puma 28fqdb , itís three years old now and have had only a few minor problems.
I hope your luck of only minor problems rubs off, but that's normally not the case for me!

Positive vibes though!
Old 05-01-2019, 11:43 AM   #11
Lame *****

Nice big tag a long you have .

I am waiting on my VIN from Puma. Really been quite for a few weeks but was told the factory guy said what asked to be done was no problem.

What you did on your custom order?

We picked colors and stuff like that. Took every package added a grill and fireplace along with a 2nd AC. Factory agreed to NOT install the roof radio antenna whip, rear cam prep, outside speakers and absolutely no outside kitchen or outside TV set up.

I hope they get it right. I am nervous one of my omits will show up installed and was wondering how your order went.
Maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:55 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggot View Post
Nice big tag a long you have .

I am waiting on my VIN from Puma. Really been quite for a few weeks but was told the factory guy said what asked to be done was no problem.

What you did on your custom order?

We picked colors and stuff like that. Took every package added a grill and fireplace along with a 2nd AC. Factory agreed to NOT install the roof radio antenna whip, rear cam prep, outside speakers and absolutely no outside kitchen or outside TV set up.

I hope they get it right. I am nervous one of my omits will show up installed and was wondering how your order went.
My order went well, came in just how I ordered it with no mistakes. The only big package I didn't add was the Limited Edition Package as I didn't want the stainless steel appliances, residential fridge, or the solid triple entry steps. But, I did add back some of the other items included in the package.

I also omitted the Electric power package and went with the traditional manual stabilizer jacks and tongue jack. Just a few less electrical gizmos to go bad down the road a few years. Plus, I need to get at least a little exercise at the campground while setting up! lol.

Other than that, 30 lb tanks, aluminum wheels, outside kitchen, roof ladder, faucet w/pull down sprayer, bigger a/c, fireplace, and Serta mattress. Also had them install the 50 amp service and prewired for a 2nd a/c in case I add it later.

Long story short, all is well!! But, my add-ons were mostly "standard fare" unlike some of your omissions like the outside speakers, etc. Hope it comes in just like you want!!
Old 05-01-2019, 01:38 PM   #13
Lame *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadwithtwins View Post
My order went well, came in just how I ordered it with no mistakes. The only big package I didn't add was the Limited Edition Package as I didn't want the stainless steel appliances, residential fridge, or the solid triple entry steps. But, I did add back some of the other items included in the package.

I also omitted the Electric power package and went with the traditional manual stabilizer jacks and tongue jack. Just a few less electrical gizmos to go bad down the road a few years. Plus, I need to get at least a little exercise at the campground while setting up! lol.

Other than that, 30 lb tanks, aluminum wheels, outside kitchen, roof ladder, faucet w/pull down sprayer, bigger a/c, fireplace, and Serta mattress. Also had them install the 50 amp service and prewired for a 2nd a/c in case I add it later.

Long story short, all is well!! But, my add-ons were mostly "standard fare" unlike some of your omissions like the outside speakers, etc. Hope it comes in just like you want!!

Sounds good. I see you have some of the old school don't want it approach.

That is a big rig, you may find the need for that second ac. Good choice getting prepped for it.

I really like the Puma line from what I have seen so far.
Maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 03:05 PM   #14

Nice present to you and the kids! Congrats. Jealous of your weekend. We're scheduled for our long weekend in 3 weeks up here in The Great White North but we may need snowsuits and shovels. Enjoy!

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 07:05 PM   #15

Happy Puma 0wner

We have a 2017 31RLQS and love it, DW also loves having a washing machine. Other than a few upgrades and a couple of minor problems that I fixed on my own we've had 2 years of enjoyable use. Good luck with your Puma.
AdamKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 08:32 AM   #16

Congrats on the upgrade. We had 3 years in a Puma 28RLSS with no problems whatsoever and just upgraded last fall to a Puma 31RLQS - first outing this weekend - hoping the good PUMA luck continues. Had to swap out our usual "go-to" sites for larger ones to accommodate the longer camper...but I think we've scouted some good ones.

Really like the look of yours, we prefer the two entry doors. Our new one only has one, but we loved the floor plan of the 31RLQS and the MUCH bigger bedroom, so we'll make due. We did go with the dealer putting in the 2nd AC unit in the front bedroom - looked at having it pre-wired for future, but the last couple of years and some scorching hot outings swayed me to just bite the bullet and have them do it on build. Sometimes limits available spots as we will need the 50amp to run both units at once but we do a lot of off-season scouting for sites and books 6 months out so that helps.

Here's to a good summer for ya!
Old 05-22-2019, 08:55 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelp View Post
Congrats on the upgrade. We had 3 years in a Puma 28RLSS with no problems whatsoever and just upgraded last fall to a Puma 31RLQS - first outing this weekend - hoping the good PUMA luck continues. Had to swap out our usual "go-to" sites for larger ones to accommodate the longer camper...but I think we've scouted some good ones.

Really like the look of yours, we prefer the two entry doors. Our new one only has one, but we loved the floor plan of the 31RLQS and the MUCH bigger bedroom, so we'll make due. We did go with the dealer putting in the 2nd AC unit in the front bedroom - looked at having it pre-wired for future, but the last couple of years and some scorching hot outings swayed me to just bite the bullet and have them do it on build. Sometimes limits available spots as we will need the 50amp to run both units at once but we do a lot of off-season scouting for sites and books 6 months out so that helps.

Here's to a good summer for ya!
Well, I did have to take it in for a warranty issue already, but got it fixed asap! The refrigerator kept setting an alarm and shutting off at random. It ended up being a defective circuit board. Good to go now!!

Other than that, we do much of the same. Scouting sites and keeping maps of what sites we prefer and booking 6 months in advance, lol. We stick pretty much to the state parks around northern and central Indiana with Turkey Run and Indiana Dunes being our favorite, and Mississinewa Lake being our "home" park for when we have family and friends visit.

Have fun with your new 31RLQS and maybe we'll see ya at a park this summer!!

Cheers! Kris
Old 05-22-2019, 10:07 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadwithtwins View Post
Well, I did have to take it in for a warranty issue already, but got it fixed asap! The refrigerator kept setting an alarm and shutting off at random. It ended up being a defective circuit board. Good to go now!!

Other than that, we do much of the same. Scouting sites and keeping maps of what sites we prefer and booking 6 months in advance, lol. We stick pretty much to the state parks around northern and central Indiana with Turkey Run and Indiana Dunes being our favorite, and Mississinewa Lake being our "home" park for when we have family and friends visit.

Have fun with your new 31RLQS and maybe we'll see ya at a park this summer!!

Cheers! Kris
Yeah, we stick pretty much to state parks as well other than a couple of out of state trips we plan. We live in Greenfield so Mt. Summit up in New Castle is our "home base". We have friends that go with us every time and they have a pontoon boat so we try and do lakes whenever possible. We did Mississinewa Lake 2 years ago - thought it was very nice.

This year we're going to a Dayton KOA for the airshow in June and heading up to Michigan in August (South Haven area - Covert KOA), no boat on that trip but have heard great things about the area, looking forward to it.

Tags
puma