Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2020, 02:23 PM   #1

Puma 32rbfq roof questions

Hey everyone, I just purchased a 32 rbfq this past week and went on the roof to install a camco vent cover and noticed the roof has a good bit of flex to it, is this normal? My last camper was a kz and the roof was solid as a rock.

I also noticed the roofing seems loos at the trusses, anyone else know if thats normal?

joeatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:03 PM   #2

I think the flex is pretty much normal on the Puma, it’s a very nice camper but, it is kind of a “lite weight” compared to a lot of others. If you want to be extra safe, you could lay a little plywood over it in the areas you are walking on. Enjoy your Puma, we love ours.
Having lots of Fun traveling with my wife
old40ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 07:55 PM   #3

Thank you! We love ours as well.
joeatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:38 PM   #4
Herschel

I have a 2008 Puma 26RLSS. Does anyone know the thickness of the plywood used in our roofs? I have a very slight give to my steps when I walk on the roof, but nothing that makes me feel concerned about its integrity. It fees the same throughout the middle and after sections where it is original, but I did notice, however, that in the forward portion of the roof where I had the wood replaced about four years ago due to a leak around the TV antenna, it seems a little stiffer. I am thinking that the tech that repaired the forward section might have added a slightly thicker plywood.
Puma26RLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:19 AM   #5

I attached solar panels to the roof of my 2019 Puma and the screws that didn't hit the trusses just spin. They don't pull out though, making me suspect the part of the screws that don't have threads just under the screw head are all that's in the plywood area. That area on the screw is about ˝". The flex on the roof though makes me think maybe even thinner than ˝" though.
Best damn dog ever
Lover of dispersed camping
LynnATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 12:39 PM   #6
Herschel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnATX View Post
I attached solar panels to the roof of my 2019 Puma and the screws that didn't hit the trusses just spin. They don't pull out though, making me suspect the part of the screws that don't have threads just under the screw head are all that's in the plywood area. That area on the screw is about ˝". The flex on the roof though makes me think maybe even thinner than ˝" though.
Thanks for that info. Half inch feels about right; maybe 3/8" at the least. Lets see if anyone else picks up this thread with more info.
Puma26RLSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
puma, roo, roof