Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2018, 08:51 PM   #1

Puma 5th wheel 257Ress

Hubby got new truck (SRW 3500 Chevy Duramax per prep for a 5th wheel) this spring so was thinking about upgrading to a 5th wheel Puma 257ress as it has the old style siding which we like. The closest dealer does not have one and said it would be 6-8 wks before the one he order will be in. Do the owns of Puma like theirs. We currently have a Roo 21RS and it has been great.
corgidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:04 PM   #2

The Puma 257RESS is a difficult model to find. Although I do not own one, I too really like the floorplan and stick-n-tin construction. I inquired about the availability of the model at my local Puma dealer (Lexington, NC). He said he same thing, about 6 to 8 weeks. He quoted a price of just under $24k. One model that has a similar floorplan is the Starcraft Autumn Ridge Outfitter 275RKS, also stick-n-tin. And, if you want to go laminated, there are several brands, that have almost the identical floorplan as the 257RESS, such as Keystone Cougar HT, KZ Sportsman, Winnebago, Keystone Hideout and Cherokee Arctic Wolf. Good luck.
jdhoskins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 05:20 AM   #3

No hurry to trade our Roo

We are still looking. Have looked at the Autumn Ridge but no dealer close. There are a lot of camper trailer owners c/o delamination reguardless of brand. So we are just going to keep looking or waiting for one of the Puma 257ress to come in at the the dealer. No hurry we like our Roo.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:01 PM   #4

If you are concerned about delamination, maybe consider a Coachmen 5th wheel. They claim that Azdel is the cure for potential delamination. A Chaparral Lite 285RLS has a somewhat similar floor plan, and you should be able to get one for for around $33k. It looks like Specialty RV in Canal Winchester, OH has one.
jdhoskins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:49 PM   #5

We have a Puma 259RBSS for a couple of years now, no major problems with it. Overall very happy with our purchase. Only thing I would look for in my next trailer is the way the windows open... ours just slide which is okay except if it is raining, would like to have windows that tilt open on our next trailer.
wheeler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 02:05 PM   #6

Thank you for the information. We are waiting for the model we want to come in at the dealer so my guess it will be fall.

Tags
5th wheel, puma, wheel