Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #1
MI Camperz

Puma Owner Feedback Wanted

Hello Puma owners. DH and I are thinking of getting a destination trailer and, so far, the Puma floorplan is the most appealing. I love the front windows, the sectional, and can't do without a King bed. There isn't a single puma destination camper in our seasonal CG, so no one to ask. Seems mostly people get the Wildwoods or Jayco.

Anyway, would you mind sharing your overall impression of the quality and durability? Any particular irks? Thanks in advance. A link to the specific model I'm considering in the next year or two:

Wana RV Center.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #2

My knowledge of Puma is limited to my experience with my 253-FBS 27' fifth wheel. We got it last summer and so far, have spent a total of 13 weeks traveling with it.

It is by no means a high end unit, but you can tell that from the price. We have been very happy with ours. I have done some modifications to customize it, but we have not had to take it back to the dealer for any repairs.

Joel
Great Horned Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #3

We just got a 2013 Puma 31dbts and so far just love it! We have spent about 30+ days in it since we got it late April. No issues to speak of. Fit and finish has been a lot better than the 2010 Rockwood pop up we had previous to the Puma. In my opinion you won't be disappointed.

2012 F150 Ecoboost with Max Tow 3.73 Rear
2013 Puma 31DBTS
12K Equal-i-zer
Aquaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #4

Personally I think Pumas are the best kept secret out there...........

We have owned a 2006 Puma fifth wheel and now a 2013 Puma neither has had any major issues............ We would still have the 06 but wanted a fifth wheel Toyhauler....... Actually the only issues have been very minor ( The 13 had a curtain replaced & the trim strip (like a wall paper border) had bubbles under it)

I know this sounds like a sales pitch but our dealer who we have come to know well.... when was asked if he were to buy any RV what make would it be his comment was a Puma "We have the least trouble from them out of any make" They can't keep them on the lot.

We Love Our Puma................ (Not so much for the Terrys we owned years ago)

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
MI Camperz

Nice feedback. Glad to hear it! I especially like the comment that they have the fewest problems! That and the layout, think I have my choice narrowed down...........Now to find one to look at.....Nowhere in stock.

Might have to take a trip down to Elkhart.
Next, sell mine this fall and order at RV show to get for next spring CG opening. We're seasonal, so can't sell mine now and order...I'd have no camper for the summer. LOL
Thanks for the feedback.............Keep it coming!
Old 06-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #6

I'am a 1st time owner this year of a 2014 Puma 39 PTD located at a seasonal camp ground and have had it for 2 months now and enjoy it. So far only complaint I have is the Genisis media system / surround sound all the speakers don't work and trouble with DVD viewing. Love having a king size bed and sliding glass door . Looked at other destination models , and Puma seem to have A better product. Good luck with your purchase .
Brian10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #7
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian10 View Post
I'am a 1st time owner this year of a 2014 Puma 39 PTD located at a seasonal camp ground and have had it for 2 months now and enjoy it. So far only complaint I have is the Genisis media system / surround sound all the speakers don't work and trouble with DVD viewing. Love having a king size bed and sliding glass door . Looked at other destination models , and Puma seem to have A better product. Good luck with your purchase .

Thanks Brian. Keep posted or by PM of your experience when you get a chance. Your destination model is in the same brand/genre. Your first hand experience would be so valuable in our decision.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #8

We love our 2013 Puma KBS very few issues it holds up to our 4 year old triplets .... Love our floor plan I would highly recommend one with no reservations !!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3088038786.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	32860  
Pullingpete is offline   Reply With Quote