Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2015, 03:22 PM   #1

Questions on Puma 351THSS Toyhauler

We are in the process of getting our 2nd Toy Hauler. Looking at the Puma 351THSS. My questions and I would like pictures if you could are

1. With the slide open are the tanks easy to get to to drain ? Mine now you must crawl under the slide to drain them.

2. Where is the electrical hook up located.

3. If you get electrical jacks where are the controls for the rear stabilizers located.

4. Where is the water fill located and the outside shower.

5. Where is the battery located.

6. Does the unit have a disconnect switch. Mine now has one in the kitchen.

7. Where is your tank level monitor located. Mine is in the bathroom now and a PIA.

8. Do the exterior flood lights above the ramp door come on when backing the fifth wheeler up. Mine does now which is a nice feature when dark out.

9. Where is the hot water tank located.

Sorry for all the questions but no brochure tells you this stuff.

2015 Chevrolet 3500 HD 4X4
2016 Palomino Puma Unleashed 351THSS
2015 Polaris RZR 900S
Dear Black Lab Ruby
leadhead358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 03:48 PM   #2

forgot where is the water pump also

2015 Polaris RZR 900S
Dear Black Lab Ruby
Old 11-19-2015, 04:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadhead358 View Post
8. Do the exterior flood lights above the ramp door come on when backing the fifth wheeler up. Mine does now which is a nice feature when dark out.
I can't help you. Just wanted to comment on this one. I've never heard of such, but what a cool idea.

By the way. You might want to post this same thread in the Palomino toy hauler section.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:26 PM   #4
Oklahoma Proud

You can look up dealers that have this unit in stock and look at their pics for some of this.
I had a 2013 puma 295kbh, which was the same as the 351thss except i had a bunk house and an extra slide and outside kitchen, where the 351 has the garage and a little more length.
Ill try to answer in order

1. Yes the drains are just rearward of main slide. So easier for your model than mine with a second slide.
2. Electric cord is just above the tank drain.
3. Dont know, had manual
4. Water fill and hose connection were right above the electric cord. Outside shower is on the drivers side in front of main slide.
5. In the front storage area
6. No there is no "perko" or battery disconnect, or there wasn't then
7. Can't remember exactly, and cabinets change from year to year slightly, but i think it was on the wall by the kitchen window, buy the sink or stove.
8. No clue
9. I believe it is under the refrigerator
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:40 PM   #5
Oklahoma Proud

Just looked at online pics. Looks like its like i stated. Water hookup above axles, and dumps just rearward of the axles. Cant makeout electric hook up, but it use to have a little round cover it pulled out of, that was below the water hookup.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:50 PM   #6
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
I think its under the cabinet by the door, under the sink and counters
Old 11-20-2015, 01:13 PM   #7

Quote:
We are in the process of getting our 2nd Toy Hauler. Looking at the Puma 351THSS. My questions and I would like pictures if you could are

1. With the slide open are the tanks easy to get to to drain ? Mine now you must crawl under the slide to drain them.

2. Where is the electrical hook up located.

3. If you get electrical jacks where are the controls for the rear stabilizers located.

4. Where is the water fill located and the outside shower.

5. Where is the battery located.

6. Does the unit have a disconnect switch. Mine now has one in the kitchen.

7. Where is your tank level monitor located. Mine is in the bathroom now and a PIA.

Sorry for all the questions but no brochure tells you this stuff.
I will answer the ones not answered.

7. Where is your tank level monitor located. Mine is in the bathroom now and a PIA. Between stove and sink

No they are turned on from the inside rear area of the cargo department.

It is to the rear of front entry door a few feet.
Ke5rbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Below sink and stove area. Never looked at it but you can hear it running there. Furnace is in that area also and the power distribution center which is below refrigerator.
Ke5rbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 02:57 PM   #9

Thanks All Signed papers last night. They have to order it, told me a couple weeks. I did get the 6 gallon gas/electric hot water tank. Got the 50 amp service, but did not get the 2nd A/C, but did get a vent in the garage that was extra and changed all fans to create a breeze fans. Water heater by-pass, upped to 15,000 btu a/c, slide awning, electric jacks and also the premier edition. The reason for getting this is the wife said to upgrade to a Polaris 900s RZR lol. The hyperlite only had a 9 foot garage and the buggy would not fit so we had to upgrade to a 12 foot garage.

2015 Polaris RZR 900S
Dear Black Lab Ruby

Tags
puma