Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2014, 08:08 PM   #1

Replacement Vent Lid

Hi, I was up on the roof of my 2009 Sabre 31RETS-6 today cleaning the bedroom vent lid, this is located under a MaxxAir vent cover. When I got the cover off, the lid was very brittle and cracked in places. It appears that the lid is riveted to the hinge system.

Their is a number on the lid, but so far I haven't managed to track down a replacement. The number is ELIXIR ANS 726 AS13 (I think).

Is it possible to replace just the lid, and not the complete fitting, as I really don't want to compromise the sealing around the unit. Also does anyone know where a replacement can be bought?

Thanks

ex-egll
ex-egll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:14 PM   #2

Camco 40155/40158 White Polypropylene Vent Lid - Ventline (pre 2008) & Elixir (since 1994) : Amazon.com : Automotive
like this?
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:15 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-egll View Post
Hi, I was up on the roof of my 2009 Sabre 31RETS-6 today cleaning the bedroom vent lid, this is located under a MaxxAir vent cover. When I got the cover off, the lid was very brittle and cracked in places. It appears that the lid is riveted to the hinge system.

Their is a number on the lid, but so far I haven't managed to track down a replacement. The number is ELIXIR ANS 726 AS13 (I think).

Is it possible to replace just the lid, and not the complete fitting, as I really don't want to compromise the sealing around the unit. Also does anyone know where a replacement can be bought?

Thanks

ex-egll
Any good rv dealer with a decent amount of parts will have a replacement.

The number you see is not a part number but I think a safety standard number.

Go to your local dealer and pick one up.

Yes you can just get a lid.

TURBS
Sabre owners united!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:17 AM   #4

Thanks both for the very quick replies, sorry I wasn't quite as quick getting back to you. After I posted I did see the Camco unit that davel posted in Camping World for $24.99. Needless to say I ordered the one off Amazon.

Thanks Both
Old 03-21-2014, 01:56 PM   #5

Update

Finished the install, all went well. Hardest part was cleaning up the dead bugs and sawdust that fell out when I removed the screen and inside fittings!

Tags
replacement, vent