Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2021, 03:40 PM   #1
Beanbag

River Ranch: What say you?

Hi guys,

I have a new River Ranch due the middle of December. I’d like to know the things you’re happy with and unhappy with?

I know about the air conditioning that I hope has been addressed by now by Columbus. After all we’ve given him his own day right? Although some call it indigenous. I’m glad Palomino didn’t call it that… I don’t know about you but I’m not driving around pulling an indigenous!

I’d appreciate you also commenting on your communication with the Columbus folks and have they been helpful?

Mine has the following options amd your comments on them would also be appreciated if you’ve optioned them?

• Full Body Paint - are you happy with it?
• 23 CF Refrigerator - Do you like it and what brand?
• Stackable Washer/Dryer - same question?
• 5.5 KW Generator - is the noise level reasonable in the bedroom?
• Solar w/2 Batteries - is it working as expected?

I’m also getting the Duel Pane windows and slide toppers that will help with keeping it warm and cool.

Thnks guys, interesting times we’re living in!
Wingwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 09:00 PM   #2

Congrats on New 2022 RR.
We picked our RR 392mb up on the 8th. It has all the options also... Full Body paint that says LOOK at me I'm here. The refer is a Samsung. The A/C blows cold air out the bedroom vent.(LOTS) The Solar prep is hooked up but, we don't have any panels yet. Myself, I would only use the solar to keep the batteries charged in storage. The ONAN generator is very quite. I can hear a low hum inside the bedroom thats all. The propane tank on the entry side is for the house use. (Stove, Hotwater, ect) the tank on the other side is for the generator. They don't cross connect and 30lbs tank are the only tanks that will fit.
I have ran the A/C on the generator for 7 hours and the tank was dry.
I would recommend that you push every button, pull every handle. Go up on the roof and inspect the rubber and caulking. Pretend you are using the unit for a 3day trip.

Issues I have:
1. Rubber roof was damaged, cut with a knife during paint prep. No one found it until I got the unit home. Being a paraplegic I could not inspect the roof. My wife found it.
2. The refrigerator was dirty, after my wife cleaned it she found the plastic insides UV damaged.
3. Vent fans unbalanced and knocking after I got back. Worked during walk thru.
4. The hot water heat was suppose to be a tankless unit, factory can't get them so they installed a gas/electric 12gal
I will miss the long hot showers.
5. The shower leaks like crazy. Get in and run the shower during your walk thru.

We really like the RR and hope to get the bugs out.
Whobbleylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 09:48 PM   #3
Beanbag

Thanks Whobbleylegs, What a great post and thank you so much for it. Videos many times don’t do a good job showing what paint jobs really look like. I’m happy you’ve found it “looking good”!

I’m having my coach inspected by an NRVIA Certified Inspector who will go over and work, pull, push and look at everything. I’ll be with him for the entire time and it should give me an incredible opportunity to learn about the coach.

I’ve been watching a lot of videos on other bunkhouse models and haven’t come up with a one i’d take over the River Ranch. I’m happy to hear that even with your current issues you’re happy with your choice!

Again thank you so much…
Wingwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 08:03 AM   #4

Perspective

When you think your Truck is not big enough, and the wife says "Yes it is, NO NEW TRUCK"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211009_093144.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	253.8 KB
ID:	264779  
Whobbleylegs is offline   Reply With Quote